help required with account privileges

Status
Not open for further replies.

drvarunmehta

Wise Old Owl
i have a pc running winXP pro with a lan based net connection. at present all the administrator accounts can enable and disable the connection but the user accounts cannot. how do i give user accounts the permission to enable/disable the connection without giving them other administrator privileges?

ishaan

Padawan
i dont think u can do it using win xp i also tried sometime ago...looked a lot on google but couldnt find anything....but maybe there are 3rd party softwares

[deXter]

Journeyman
Well the option is there right with xp. I didnt even google for this :)

Goto Start -> Run -> gpedit.msc

Under the Local Computer Policy:

User Configuration -> Administrative Templates -> Network -> Network Connections:

In the right side, look for "Ability to Enable/Disable LAN Conection"

Right Click -> Properties -> "Enabe" -> OK

:)

Btw, do play around with gpedit.msc when you have some free time ok, lots of nice stuff in there :)

*img.photobucket.com/albums/v189/dextersgenius/signature1.gif

djmykey

Let the music play.....
hey dexy i messed up wit my registry and now i cant see my frequently used apps any help

ishaan

Padawan
thanks a lot man dexter ive been needing this for ages....but is it ok to mess around with gpedit.msc ? it wont crash my system or nething rite ?

it seems djmykey had sum problem tho i donno with gpedit.msc or something else hes not specified but i think he means gpedit.msc only.

[deXter]

Journeyman
@djmykey:

in gpedit.msc, just go to -> User Configuration -> Start menu and Taskbar tweaks -> "Remove frequent programs list from the Start Menu"

:)

@ishaan.

gpedit.msc is perfectly safe. Safe because you are only limited to those options that are present there. So you can always revert back to original settings. And since all the tweaks are properly categorised, you wont have any problem finding them.

*img.photobucket.com/albums/v189/dextersgenius/signature1.gif

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom