Help required to find out correct Modem Drivers

Status
Not open for further replies.

vwad

In the zone
Hello All,

I have Conexant SoftK56 Data Fax Speakerphone PCI Modem. Its an internal modem. Its a Rockwell modem as previously known. Now I am upgrading my computer to Windows XP Professional.

Where will I be able to find the correct set of drivers for WinXP Prof. for this modem ?

I went at the site of conexant modems by googling for it but I was unable to find out.

Please somebody help me.

Regards,
vwad

enoonmai

Cyborg Agent
Well, if its a modem based on any well known chipset, Windows XP will automatically detect and install the modem without any intervention on the user's part. Make sure you note down the exact details of your modem driver including the manufacturer and driver version number before you install XP though. In case, it doesnt auto-detect your modem you can always use the third party driver sites like busyanuj has said to get a compatible driver.

godsownman

Padawan
Oh my God i have had a terrible experience on this same issue.Mine is external .

Yes but if yours is internal u shall have to be really carefull with the incoming calls that come when ur offline cause they hang the computer.

I have had and am continuing to have a serrious problem regarding this issue so i have to keep the modem off at all times unless i am using the net .

The other problem that i face should not disturb you bcoz ur is internal.

When did u buy ur modem which year

imported_Prachanda

Right off the assembly line
hope this will solve ur problem

hi,
i also had the same problem.
the windows xp simply did not recognized the internal modem

do the following

go to *www.modem-drivers.com/drivers/82/82578.htm

download the driver and install

but though u will be able to connect to the net the modem will make a buzzing sound till it is connected.

gud luck

OP
vwad

vwad

In the zone
Hey Thanks Team for help !!

Hey godsownman bhai, Mine is an ancient one :D

I purchased it in June 2001.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom