Status
Not open for further replies.

connecttovijay

Right off the assembly line
hi ppl,
i was told that when u r using cable internet & use the ping command specifically "ping (server address) -t -l (no. of bytes)" then the ping command should yeild a reply for all the values for no. of bytes b/w 32 to 65527 & if it is not yeilding a reply for the highest value i.e. 65527 bytes THEN YOU HAVE A PROBLEM WITH THE CONNECTION/ WIRE ETC. & YOUR INTERNET/ DOWNLOAD/ UPLOAD SPEED will also get affected.
my question is that whether it is true that ping command should yield a reply for all values & secondly in case it is not yeilding a reply for higher values then is there any problem with the wires or connectors etc ?
vijay

ujjwal

Padawan
You see ... the ping would show the time taken for a fixed amount of data to travel between you and the selected destination. For large values the time would be much larger. Therefore it would show request timed out probably. Secondly, i checked and the max value seems to be 65500

OP
C

connecttovijay

Right off the assembly line
thnx 4 the reply ujjwal. normally the ping command replies @ around 1400 bytes. so can it be assumed that if the ping command replies @ this value then there is no problem with n/w speed, wires & connectors ?

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom