help regarding MBR

Status
Not open for further replies.

prathap_lab

Journeyman
hi,
i have 2 partitions. in one i have win2k and the other has linux. now i want to remove the linux os. so will this procedure be ok?
1. boot from a bootable floppy and go to command prompt and give
the command fdisk /mbr.
2. give fdisk command and delete the linux partition.
3. create a new partition from the free space got from deleting the linux
partition.

or should i do any thing more?
ps:currently my first boot is set to linux.

thank you.

praka123

left this forum longback
yup.correct way.but Linux is the future Yaar.if u have any difficulty with Linux OS try posting ur problems in Open Source Section.we are ready there to help U out :)

U

unvisible

prakash kerala said:
yup.correct way.but Linux is the future Yaar.if u have any difficulty with Linux OS try posting ur problems in Open Source Section.we are ready there to help U out :)
Linux sux.
Many windows appz doesnt run on Linux.

praka123

left this forum longback
Gnu/Linux is another Operating System.You should leave your expecting windows features in Linux.but WIne emulator and "Cedega" able to Play most games and stuffs.Change before everyone does :)

OP
P

prathap_lab

Journeyman
hi,
thank you prakash. its not for me. i do use linux and i like it.

@unvisible, if i want to use windows based applications then i will use it in windows only. why to use them in linux. linux is a different os. use its features when you are there. :) :)

thank you.

digen

Youngling
unvisible said:
prakash kerala said:
Linux sux.
Many windows appz doesnt run on Linux.
Everybody is entitled to his/her opinion.There is no need to make comments which would start a Flamewar.
If you dont agree with something you can always make a valid point.

Now back to the topic...

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom