<HELP> Please suggest a Virtual CD Drive

Status
Not open for further replies.

a_medico

Chillum Baba
i need to install a virtual cd drive. There are these couple of softwares i use which pi** me off by asking for CDs every time i want to use them. Just copying the CD contents on HD doesnt work...

So i am looking for somethng like this :-

With Virtual CD you can create compressed 1:1 copies (virtual CDs/DVDs) to your hard drive. You can then store your originals safely in a cabinet! Your virtual CDs are then available with a simple click or even automatically with the autostart of the corresponding program. Nobody needs to handle fragile CDs any more in order to run applications. Music, games, searching programs, grafic programs – all will be loaded faster and is immediately accessible. You can simultaneously use a number of different CD programs without needing to purchase a number of CDdrives this pays off quickly.

VIRTUAL CD seems very big. almost 33mb ...

Can you suggest me some alternatives? Sharewares wouldnt be a problem.

thanks

a_medico

kato

Karthiksn
hey if u have nero then go for nero imagedrive and if u want the best in the business go for
alchol 120%

i dont know its link coz i use nero image drive

choudang

Padawan
these are used by me.

1. NERO Image Drive
2. Alcohol 120%
3. Alocohol 52%

Take a ISO modifier like WinISO or ISOBuster to edit your ISO file.

OP
a_medico

a_medico

Chillum Baba
thanks alot guys...there was this thing called Virtual CD which was almost 33MB ...

ultimately sombody from the forum suggested me EXTRA DRIVE PRO..

best part is its less than 700k !! and this was exactly the thing i wanted...

thanks for the replies friends...you guys never disappoint me.

a_medico

ps - i will try alcohol Alcohol 120% soon

ps2 - wanted to use nero 7 .. but its too big.. and i really dont feel like installing it.

OP
a_medico

a_medico

Chillum Baba
kato said:
@medico nero image drive comes even with the nero 6 no need to install nero 7

thanks kato... didnt know that actually...never used that function b4... just now switched to nero image drive...and its even better :)

thankkkkkksssssssssss :)

Aanand

Journeyman
I recently started to use Alcohol and it was wonderful and user-friendly. It came with the September issue of the Digit in CD or DVD. Give a try.

legolas

Padawan
a_medico, does nero image drive, that comes along with nero 6 bundle read all iamge files, like .mdk extension, .cue files and all?? for me it dint which made me switch to alcohol 120% and its cool! :)

/legolas

choudang

Padawan
Alcohol 120% is the best, as it has all the extention like .nrg, .cue, .iso etc. Alcohol 52% is same but they have a huge diff. You can make an image by both 120% and 52%, but you can burn it only by 120%. Alcohol 52% does not have that burn image option. and most inst. thing is that when making an image, i found upto 53x [while i have a 52x].

Nero don't have other ext. it is only for .nrg files.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom