help!!!!os messed up

Status
Not open for further replies.

artem

Broken In
hey i just used a pen drive of a frenz o mine..i inserted it in my comp after takin wat i wantd frm his lap d files transferred properly but wen did it again to transfer other files before pluggin it it in my pc restarted...then i tried loggin in again it accepted my user n pass but then when the loadin your settings box appeared,soon after that the saving your settings appeared n then returns to the logon screen,..

dunno watta do..

plss help..

i think your system has been infected with a virus. Although i dont know the exact method of recovery from this one, you can try this:

Try logging into the default Administrator account. TO do that press ctrl+alt+delete twice on login screen. In the login window that comes up type Administrator as username and password that you setup at the time of windows installation, if you didn't then leave it blank.
if you can login to this account, just delete your previous account and setup a new one.

chicha

High without substance...
ctr+alt+del will work only on XP professional and not on XP Home.
what you can do is, if you have a good antivirus like NOD32 etc, restart your pc and safe boot it, run the whole system scan. you may have to udate your virus signature before scanning.

ctr+alt+del will work only on XP professional and not on XP Home.
what you can do is, if you have a good antivirus like NOD32 etc, restart your pc and safe boot it, run the whole system scan. you may have to udate your virus signature before scanning.

Thanks, i was not aware of that. waise, he hasn't mentioned that he is using XP home.

OP
A

artem

Broken In
hey i have Win Xp PRo SP2
i tried that already it isnt workin,,,
i tried the safe boot earlier but the same thing is coming up..
its prob a virus only is there any other way to get rid of this problemo???

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom