Help on vmware

Status
Not open for further replies.

ajaybc

Youngling
I read in May ChIP magazine about a software called vmware.Not much details was provided.Only a picture of running windows 98 on a XP machine.

So i google for it and found the following link:
*www.vmware.com/products/fusion/features.html

But they are saying abt using it to run windows applications on mac.Is Windows version available?
If so pls give me the link

infra_red_dude

Wire muncher!
I read in May ChIP magazine about a software called vmware.Not much details was provided.Only a picture of running windows 98 on a XP machine.

So i google for it and found the following link:
*www.vmware.com/products/fusion/features.html

But they are saying abt using it to run windows applications on mac.Is Windows version available?
If so pls give me the link
Yes, on the same vmware.com, find VMWare Server for Windows. Its free.

techtronic

I Always Prefer 1080p
VMWare has got 3 Editions, VMWare Workstation (Licensed), VMWare Server (Freeware) and VMWare ESX Server (Licensed).Other than this they have got VMWare Fusion for Mac OS and VMWare ACE, VMWare Converter and a heap of other products.

If you want further info about anything related to virtualization, dont hesitate to ask me.

khattam_

Fresh Stock Since 2005
Why don't you try out VMWare.com.. it has the info and software you need. It basically is a Virtual PC software with which you can run multiple OSes at once in the same computer with all up and running at the same time (unlike multi-boot systems)...

OP
ajaybc

ajaybc

Youngling
"The Movies" is one of my favourite games.But unfortunately it doesnt work on my Windows Vista.It has support for Windows XP.Whenever I try running it says it needs windows media codec 9.0 something.
So I was asking whether I cud run XP from within Vista to run the game.
Also San andreas mod installer is also not working with Vista.
When I checked vmware.com there were lots of softwares there and I cudnt find out which one was for my purpose.
Can any one give the link to correct software please..

infra_red_dude

Wire muncher!
If thats the only motive, then I'd suggest you to download and install Sun VirtualBox. Its much less bloated than VMWare.

OP
ajaybc

ajaybc

Youngling
If thats the only motive, then I'd suggest you to download and install Sun VirtualBox. Its much less bloated than VMWare.

I searched in google for Virtual box.And found www.virtualbox.com.But they are saying that Virtual box have been moved to Sun download center.When I searched sun downlaod centre I cud not find it.

nah VMWare is cool

The reason y I dint download vmware is that there are lots of versions there at their site.Can anyone tell me which version shud I download please.....

infra_red_dude

Wire muncher!
I searched in google for Virtual box.And found www.virtualbox.com.But they are saying that Virtual box have been moved to Sun download center.When I searched sun downlaod centre I cud not find it.
Here: *cds.sun.com/is-bin/INTERSHOP.enfin...-Start?ProductRef=innotek-1.6-G-F@CDS-CDS_SMI

Select your operating system from the drop down menu.

The reason y I dint download vmware is that there are lots of versions there at their site.Can anyone tell me which version shud I download please.....
VMWare Server. Its a heavy download, no doubt.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom