512 MB DDR 400
Seagate 200 GB SATA HDD
350 W PSU
Sony 16X DVD Rom
Liteon 16X Dual layer DVD Writer
Samsung 17" 793MB Flat Monitor
LOGITECH KB & OPTICAL Mouse
GEFORCE XFX 5700 LE 256MB

I am going to buy the above Config So you guys Please tell me any thing extra/additional which I should get particularly for cooling etc

I have heard about thermal paste but don't know about it is it necessary and if yes the which one?

Alse the psu and heat sink fans ... Which one and how much?

Also tell me anything Xtra Which I require??

Major-Minor

Broken In
For one, drop the idea of getting the FX5700LE, it sucks big-time, you don't want to compromise on one of the most important parts for gaming right now and in the future. Please get atleast a 9600Xt or if budget permits the 9800Pro, both of which are much-much better than the 5700LE.

The 350W I-box PSU should be decent enough, also do get an additional fan for your system, or choose a cabinet which has a fan at the side of the cabinet. What is important in the cabinet is the airflow, not simply the number of fans you have put up there. You could go in for an ATi Silencer2 or a Zalman Cooling systems, though I don't think that will be needed as the 9600's don't heat up that much.

The AMD64, simply rocks, so no problems there, everything else seems fine.

Best of Luck

swatkat

Technomancer
superuser said:
Sony 16X DVD Rom
Liteon 16X Dual layer DVD Writer
GEFORCE XFX 5700 LE
I have heard about thermal paste but don't know about it is it necessary and if yes the which one?
Why two DVD drives?Go for single writer.
Also read this month's Digit for Graphics card test and u will get better idea.
Thermal Paste is applied on the back of processor and heatsink to provide a good thermal contact between the two.ur assembler will take care of that.
Go for AMD recommended fan/heatsink combo.Also put an additional fan in cabinet.

theraven

Technomancer
1 dvd rom + 1 dvd writer = on the fly copy
anyways the diff is of 1.5k .. so i can see the logic
BTW sony drives are no manufactured by lite-on
and liteon DVD WRITERS are value for money .. not the best performance :( it was a let down
get a pioneer writer for ard 6.2k
400 bucks more than liteon

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom