help needed

Status
Not open for further replies.

atinsood

Right off the assembly line
dis is gonna sound a real shocker to u

i m doin mech. engg. but i m really into computers.

so fellas can u tell me wat else i need to know besides c/cpp to get a good software naukri.

plz suggests some books for the above

amitsaudy

Ambassador of Buzz
I dont think been a mech engg ya wanna be just a computer operator
or acountant. So fget tally.
N im not at all shoked.
I know an instrumentation engg. who earns 40k.
A B Com working for silverline n earning more than 90K.
N there are many more.

club_pranay

Nokia 7110 to iPhone 5
I suggest, u keep to mech only.....
it's got a lot of scope in future, keep working hard. try mastering in CAD CAM PRO-E. and u'll be on top of the world....

amitsaudy

Ambassador of Buzz
Networking-Lan,Wifi etc.
Unix
Concentrate on prgramming languages for the web-Jawa,C# etc
DBMS
Scripting lanuages
ETC

alib_i

Cyborg Agent
atinsood said:
dis is gonna sound a real shocker to u
i m doin mech. engg. but i m really into computers.
so fellas can u tell me wat else i need to know besides c/cpp to get a good software naukri.
plz suggests some books for the above

whoa
there is a lot u can do in computers while still being a mech engg

1. CAD/CAM - Computer Aided Designing/Machining - Lots of applications are developed for designing and manufacturing products of complex profile
2. Computational Fluid Mechanics - The most happening thing in thermal aspect of mechanical engg. Scope of GRE Apps too increases many folds in this field
3.Simulation - softwares like "Symbols 2000" ( *www.symbols2000.com/ ) are used to simulate physical systems in a computer using various models and then the simulations are subjected to various loads to see the effect of loads on the system. All this happens on the computer without harming the real physical system. There are so many other simulation softwares.

Companies like GE, Thermax, Cummins, Transoft, etc want us mechanical engineers.

If you wanted simply to write programs or codes.
You can do so in the fields i've pointed out above, simultaneously using your knowledge in mechanical engg

There are thousands of ppl who can write programs in a software company
But few ppl have the technical knowledge along with computer soundness as these companies want it...
There are very good job oppurtunities in mechanical engg in relation to computer oriented white collar jobs

BTW, I'm a mech engg too

sujithtom

Ambassador of Buzz
C/cpp are the best languages but to get jobs thay ask for PLs like java, some scripting languge and a web language, usually PHP or XML besides C and CPP

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom