help needed with avast antivirus

Status
Not open for further replies.

mandar5

Youngling
hi guys my friend says that avast can scan for virus when xp log in screen appears how to do that? thanks

nishant_nms

Cyborg Agent
open avast and then clic on the top left corrner for popup menu there select the option and restart

@Tech Geek Can u tell me how a boot time scan can slow down a PC

sree_shan

Broken In
open the avast from start menu programs list ....
and click on the left most top button ( generally it is used to open a file ) ... then menu list appears ... in that select schedule Boot-Time scan ..... and then click schedule ....
thats it ur job is done ...
hope this solvs ur problem....
:) :) :)

s18000rpm

ಠ_ಠ
nishant_nms said:
@Tech Geek Can u tell me how a boot time scan can slow down a PC
what @Tech Geek tried say was, a BOOT TIME scan will SLOW down the Windows Booting (loading).

that is , without the boot-time scan->say, it takes just 40 seconds for Windows to boot. now if u enable boot-time scan->it'll take anywhere from 2 Minutes to 4 minutes.

btw, now a days, there is very very less Virus Threats which load(start infecting) on system start-up.

my opinion, disable the Boot-time scan.

nishant_nms

Cyborg Agent
s18000rpm said:
what @Tech Geek tried say was, a BOOT TIME scan will SLOW down the Windows Booting (loading).

that is , without the boot-time scan->say, it takes just 40 seconds for Windows to boot. now if u enable boot-time scan->it'll take anywhere from 2 Minutes to 4 minutes.

btw, now a days, there is very very less Virus Threats which load(start infecting) on system start-up.

my opinion, disable the Boot-time scan.
It will scan ur system only once not all time before boot

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom