HELP NEEDED URGENTLY WITH MOTHER BOARD

Status
Not open for further replies.

saifoddin

Broken In
i have AMD 2600 athlon xp with asus A7v400-mx mother board with 512 RAM& 80 gb hard segate hard disk & have 98 on c drive & xp pro on d drive
i have this problem since three month
at some tims my pc freeez it can not respond to any thing not alt+clt+del no
mouse movement i try many thinks like at first when ever i use my mouse my pc freaz so i chang my mouse the problem is solve for few days then again when ever i use my web cam my pc freez then i stop using web cam
but after few days when ever i use my dial up modem pc frez so I formated my both c drive & d drive the problem is solve then after two months my pc gives same problem but this time after restart my pc gives one long beep
that menas problem with RAM but after few menit when i tearn off power and
restarted my pc it's workink as usual but this problem i get only once in while but i think their is steel problm & ONE THING I DON'T HAVE UPS
[/b]so please guys help me out!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

krishnathelord

In the zone
firstly check the spellings

secondly the ram is the most probable culprit

have u tried with a different ram if not try and then post

theraven

Technomancer
one long beep is memory failure i think
see if the memory sticks are properly inserted in their slots
also run memtest to see if they are corrupted

job9434

Broken In
man first get goood UPS from apc .
and why the hell you didnt install a ups , man its the primary component in personal computer dude !

first things first!

Crazy_Eddy

Broken In
Use memtest = *www.memtest86.com/

If you have a CD-writer, Download - Memtest86 v3.2 ISO image and burn it to a CD. Reboot, setting your PC to boot from your CD drive in the BIOS. Let it boot from the memtest CD and use it to test your memory. A single "pass" will take roughly around 1/2 n hour for a pair of 512MB sticks.

sknowonweb

Journeyman
No other Way

u have to download it.
If u found it annoying to waste one full cd for this single ISO file then dounload Ultimate boot CD or Slax Live CD both contains latest MEMTEST versions in it.

I think so some sort of program u use is the culprit.May be it is a pirated copy of XP or some other program like messenger or something which ate ur memory in the background and corrupts your XP system files.

Ur beeping problem may be due to some overheating too. My friend has a similar problem and cleaning RAM for dust and re insering it solves the problem.
If u have good access to a friends PC try replacing his or her RAM in ur PC and check for problem , this will sort out the component ( The Software or the Hardware or which part as either RAM / SMPS) etc.

Thanx

jagjitnatt

Broken In
The Solution

So here we go troubleshooting!!!

First things First.
1. Check your RAM physically if it is inserted properly or not. Then check it using MemTest86.
2. If no problem is detected, go to your BIOS and check the temperaqtures of CPU and Motherboard. Then load the default settings for best compatibility.
3. If problem still exists check your computer for Viruses using an up to date antivirus. May be it is a Boot Virus.
4. If this doesn't solve your problem, just check all your cables especially the Power Supply.
5. If possible get the PSU and motherboard tested in a service centre.

I know saying is easy and it is only difficult to do. But when you gotta do it, you gotta do it. :wink:

Good Luck Seargent.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom