HELP NEEDED URGENT!!!!!!

Status
Not open for further replies.

ranjodh

Broken In
see,i installed alcohol 120% and made a few image files with it.(format:-mdf and mds ).now,i want to burn that image files.nero refuses to recognise those formats. alcohol refuses to be installed again(it was trial) . is there any other program which can burn these image files???????

one more thing,my system when it reeboots gives this error message:- something about system.ini having some files associated with it which are now no more.
please help me.........................
pleaseeeeeeeeeeeee
(ill let u know the exact error message later.)
USING :-Windows 98

OP
R

ranjodh

Broken In
here's the error message
:-

Cannot find a device file that may be needed to run Windows or a Windows application.

The windows registry or SYSTEM.INI file refers to this device file but the device file no longer exists.

If you deleted this file on prpose ,try uninstalling the associated application using its uninstall or setup program.

If you still want to use the application associated with this device file,try reinstalling that application to replace the missing file.

vnesetup.vxd

Press a key to continue.

The same repeats with
vredir.vxd and
dfs.vxd .

then on pressing a key,windows loads and a window with this message appears:-

Unable to load the dynamic link library:
msn32.dll
The system cannot find the file specified.Some or all of the following feature is not available:
Microsoft Networking

Ok button is there.
when u press it,all is fine after that.
I USE WIN 98SE .

Last thing i did was :-opening nero(although nothing was done), and
tried USB streaming (installed its drivers and tried to burn vcd but it failed) with a sony handycam .
BUT I CERTAINLY DIN'T DELETE ANY FILE.
PLEASE HELP ME................................PLEASEEEEEEEEEEEEEEE

klinux

Ambassador of Buzz
keep ur 98 cd ready
- go to safe mode of 98
- in add/rem prog , go to windows setup tab . uncheck all the options in communication , online services and click ok .
- reboot into normal 98
- go back to add/rem prog , go to windows setup tab . check all the options in communication u need , mainly dial up networking .
- restart and see if u get the error

else

- run sfc from start menu and specify the file to be extracted from original cd

if above solves some errors
- try reintalling nero and that alchohol thing just to get back those files in the error

M

munim

are these 2 problems related? i mean did that windows problem occur after that alchohol thingy trial expired?
try using the repair feature in windows CD... i am not sure if its there is 98se.. its there in xp.

klinux

Ambassador of Buzz
munim said:
are these 2 problems related? i mean did that windows problem occur after that alchohol thingy trial expired?

2 might not even be related and no not exactly koz it expired . but some files might have been badly overwrittn , corrupted etc and just deleted instead of uninstal or reg problems . so he can try restoring those files and making a clean install and uninstall to mend things .

it_waaznt_me

Coming back to life ..
Hmm... .Mds files are recognised by IsoBuster .. Just open the file in Iso buster and extract the contents and then burn the cd .. Btw .. there are many Virtual Drive emulator around that will recognise MDS files.. And I remember .MD5 files can be loaded in Nero Imagdrive too .. Try it ..

OP
R

ranjodh

Broken In
no,the probs aren't related.i have decided to install win xp but again there has been some problem .i am still trying.anyways,the windows thing happened bfore the alcohol one.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom