help needed to convert audio files !!!!!!!

Status
Not open for further replies.

anand20383

Broken In
hi folks , i have downloaded some songs from the internet which r in .rm and .ra formats . i also downloaded an rm to mp3 converter.i tried to convert these files to mp3 ,they converted to mp3 and when i burned those songs in on cinverting them to .cda format i.e., i burned them in audio file mode in nero . when im playing them in my cd player i can clearly hear some noise and distortions. please show me a way to clear this distortions .if please list some good softwares in the reply.

note :please repond fastly .
thanq

bharathbala2003

why need title?
hmm anand ok ur a newbie.. there is a option called search in the top right of the page.. plz use that cos this topic has been discussed a lotta times..

here is one.. *www.thinkdigit.com/forum/viewtopic.php?t=14183&highlight=converting+mp3

search for more..

sreevirus

Certified Nutz
bharathbala2003 said:
hmm anand ok ur a newbie.. there is a option called search in the top right of the page.. plz use that cos this topic has been discussed a lotta times..

here is one.. *www.thinkdigit.com/forum/viewtopic.php?t=14183&highlight=converting+mp3

search for more..
dude, he has already downloaded a converter...why dont u do a bit of reading? :p

anand20383 said:
i tried to convert these files to mp3 ,they converted to mp3 and when i burned those songs in on cinverting them to .cda format i.e., i burned them in audio file mode in nero . when im playing them in my cd player i can clearly hear some noise and distortions. please show me a way to clear this distortions .if please list some good softwares in the reply.
do the converted songs give any distortion? if so, then its probably coz the songs u dloaded might be encoded in low quality real format. but try this:
u can either use the converter that u presently have, or u can use dbpoweramp music converter.
download and install dbpoweramp: *www.dbpoweramp.com/bin/dMC-r11.exe
and then download and install the real format decoder: *www.dbpoweramp.com/codecs/dBpowerAMP-codec-ra.exe
now while encoding into mp3, try setting the bitrate a bit high (192 kbps or more) and set the frequency at 44 kHz or higher.
now, if that doesnt solve ur problem, then u may have to opt for some sound editing software like adobe audition or sony soundforge or audacity to clear the distortions. (sorry, but i cant guide u here, coz i havent done something like that myself... some1 else with better knowledge may be able to help)

also, if ur original songs didnt have any distortions, but gives distortions after burning, then maybe it cud be due to write error.

hope this helps :)

OP
A

anand20383

Broken In
thanks

thank u guys for ur valuable suggestions.especially the suggestion made
by mr.virus is really helpfull to me.i have converted the songs and they are sounding quite good.

by the way please suggest me some web sites from where i can download telugu and hindi old songs. thank u.

rajkumar_personal

Ignorance is BLISS !!
Re: thanks

anand20383 said:
by the way please suggest me some web sites from where i can download telugu and hindi old songs. thank u.

Most of the sites that give them away for download are illegal !
And if you read *www.thinkdigit.com/forum/viewtopic.php?t=13987
you will come to know that we are NOT allowed to post such links.

But there is one solution...
You can google for downloading hindi and telugu songs and you might land at the requested page !!!

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom