Help needed..Sound Blaster Live not detected on FEDORA..

Status
Not open for further replies.

yogeshglx

Right off the assembly line
Hi,,
well I am just a newbie to Linux world.. I have installed Fedora Core 4 on my machine. Everything went fine (including that strange 'Kernel panic' msg in installation). The only problem is that I am not able to find driver for my sound-card. My sound-card is Creative Sound Blaster Live! 24 Bit. I don't know where to look for the drivers and then how to install them.
Please help...
Thanks...

praka123

left this forum longback
Welcome to Open Source and Linux,
Friend,post this in Open Source Section.
There is a same question running..
*www.thinkdigit.com/forum/viewtopic.php?t=38274
And just forget about getting installshield based .exe drivers U can click next..next to install in GNU/Linux.In Linux ALSA takes care of all audio drivers.Read the thread link posted for More help.And Linux is a Operating System which is Open-Source.[/i]

Satissh S

Youngling
if ( fedora_doesn't_have_modules)
{
I suppose you have to recompile the kernel, to add support for the card. I think it wud be under
Code:
 [DEVICE DRIVERS] --> [SOUND] --> [ALSA] --> [PCI] --> [*] Support for creative soundblaster pci cards. And then recompile the kernel. 
}
else
{
But doesn't fedora include generic device detection? May be it's compiled as modules. Head over to This [url=*www.alsa-project.org/alsa-doc/] Alsa drivers page [/url] And select Creative labs. See the module section for the module you wud have to use for your card. [url=*www.alsa-project.org/alsa-doc/index.php?vendor=vendor-Creative_Labs#matrix] Creative [/url] Here see the module name in driver and docs. Note it down and issue
# modprobe <module>
Post if you get any errors.
}
;)

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom