Help needed on writer and for samsung 52 X media

Status
Not open for further replies.

AMITAGARWAL02

In the zone
Help needed on writer and for samsung 52 X media
I am using HP writer it has maximum speed 4X for cdr and rw
I am getting this error while writing to blank cds of samsung 52 X only :-

D0100: I/O error (03/02/00) - CD recorder error - cannot seek to the requested location

when i click for help i got this from help file of easy cd creator to see more about error:-
-----------------------------------------------------------------------
CD recorder error - cannot seek to the requested location

Reason for receiving this message:

The CD recorder wasn't able to find a requested location on the CD-R disc.

What to do:

· Check for faulty or disconnected cables between your computer and your CD recorder.

· Check for improper termination of the bus (SCSI only).

· See the documentation provided with your CD recorder or contact the manufacturer of the

drive.

--------------------------------------------------------------------
I am getting this error while writing to samsung 52 X CDR media only

I also wrote to samsung 16 x and
I also wrote to sony 48 X and
I also wrote to imation 16 x

without any problems after losing 2 cds of samsung 52 X so to see whether problem is with media

or drive. wrote that same data

Actually i wrote to 3 samsung 52 X CDR and got successful only, for 1 cdr, but that also shows

this error after easy cd creator finished writing :-
D0100: I/O error (03/02/00) - CD recorder error - cannot seek to the requested location

But i can read this cd in other cd rom drive and also copied all 770 MB data to check.
all files copied successfully

actually when i click create cd then writer pauses 10 seconds to get buffer and then writes to cd
so buffer level will be 100 % before strarting writing
this is normal because that 10 seconds hard disk is busy so to provide data to the writer.

But when i use 52 X samsung media
the writer pauses 30 seconds to get buffer and then writes to cd
for all the 3 cds of samsung 52 X

also when writing TOC the time shown is 1:02 minutes remaining and it takes actually that much

time as shown
but for 52 X samsung the time shown is 1:02 minutes remaining but it took 5 to 7 second to write

TOC i saw that

i am writing at 4 x and only 699 to 700 MB data maximum and using easy cd creator
and i am using this writer for 3 years never got error before

please help.
but if u say because u are writing to 52 X so getting error, then i wrote successful
to 48 X media of imation.

Please please give suggestions and also tell what to do with that remaining media
i purchased 10 blank cds so got 7

ice

In the zone
The media is prolly too fast or new for ur writer.. Yes it sounds lame,

but my old sony 8x4x24 writer couldnt burn 10X samsung cdRws.

And neither could it burn 52X samsung cd rs

AlienTech

In the zone
AMITAGARWAL02 said:
but it can burned 48 X sony cdr
why

Because the DYE is different. Just like the DYE is different for 4x-10x-24x and 32x CD-RW's... If you go to Plextor web page on compatibility, they will show a whole bunch of media that are supposedly 52X but are burnable only @ 48X. Seems some companies just slapped a sticker on their 48X and expected it to pass and it usually does in most cases, my LG will burn anything at 52x even 8x rated CDR's. But your data is not reliable. Like Moser baer who did the cheap sleazy trick of slapping a 52X sticker on 48X media. Most 52x writers only do >48x for a few minutes at the end so it is hardly noticable even.

enoonmai

Cyborg Agent
48 or 52?

Well, I agree that it's absolute fraud to slap a 52X label on 48X media, (it was the USA, maybe we could even sue) but to the end user, does it REALLY make a difference whether its 48 or 52. I have a few more seconds to spare, so I don't really mind. :D But I've known of problems with older drives screwing up if you use a media with higher speed or capacity. I had an external HP CDRW drive that burnt at 4X. and it never burnt 700 MB CDs or media with speeds larger than 24X (which was the standard at that time) My friends had the same problems with an external Iomega drive as well. BTW, like I said, whats the charm with 52X media anyway? Whether its 24 or 32 or 48 or 52, its always burnt at the lowest speed setting supported.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom