help needed on copying a dvd video to hard disc

Status
Not open for further replies.

san85

Broken In
hiii guyz i have got a new dvd writer samsung write muster n got nero reloaded along with it .,.... i m finding difficulty in how to copy a dvd video to hard disc and then writing it using nero.........can anyone plzz help me out as to how do i write a dvd video which is in hard disc.......how to write a dvd video out of mpeg

You won't be able to fit a commercial DVD (which is dual layer and hence around 9GB) on a blank DVD (which is single layer and hence about 4.38GB). Dual layer blanks are available, but expensive.

Download DVDShrink (free) and let it do the back up for you. This software does quick domain level MPEG2 re-encoding to fit your movie onto 1 disc. You will find observable quality loss using compression of less than 85% the original.

Remember to deselect extra audio tracks, dvd extras like 'making of the movie' and other cr*p to improve your end quality.

Here's a DVDShrink guide -
*www.doom9.org/mpg/dvdshrink31-main.htm

Get DVDShrink here -
*www.dvdshrink.org/what.html

PS: You can also backup your DVD to hard disk using this method. Also, it is possible to make a zero compression backup. Just read the guide and included help files.

Cheers,
Keith

drgrudge

Another Brick in the Wall
san85 said:
i m finding difficulty in how to copy a dvd video to hard disc and then writing it using nero
I would suggest DVD Decrypter (Freeware)
*www.dvddecrypter.com/
It can rip copy-protected DVD's also.

DVD Decrypter is a free tool that allows you to decrypt and copy DVDs to your PC's hard disk. From there you can watch them with the likes of WinDVD and PowerDVD, you can write them back to DVD-R / DVD-RW / DVD+R / DVD+RW / DVD+R DL / DVD-RAM media or you can convert them to VCD / SVCD / DivX for burning onto CD-R / CD-RW.

DVD Decrypter can write most types of CD / DVD images via its 'ISO Write' mode, and it supports all the latest writers (including booktype / bitsetting on many of the major ones - i.e. BenQ, LiteOn, NEC, Plextor, Sony). You can even use DVD Decrypter to erase / format your rewritable media!

It takes 20-25 for ripping a DVD -9
Note the ripping speed depends on the PC speed and it's performance.

san85 said:
how to write a dvd video out of mpeg
Try WinAVI 6.3
*www.winavi.com/WinAVI_Video_Converter.exe

WinAVI Video Converter is the fastest video convert solution in the world. It is also a ALL-IN-ONE solution for video file converting and burning. It supports convert:

AVI to DVD
AVI to MPEG
AVI to VCD
AVI to MPG
All video format to DVD/VCD/SVCD/MPEG
All video format to AVI/WMV/RM
Quicktime MOV convert
Flash SWF convert
DirectAC3 technology, supports AC3 5.1 Only in world
Burning vcd/svcd/dvd

WinAVI Video Converter is easy to use and powerful for experts. Just one click to convert with beautiful user interface. Burning VCD/SVCD/DVD is supported. It supports almost all video file formats, including AVI, MPEG1/2/4, VCD/SVCD/DVD, DivX, XVid, ASF, WMV, RM, QuickTime MOV, Flash SWF. And it has a powerful video decompress/compress engine that convert whole AVI movie to DVD in 1 hours. What're you waiting for? Just use this software to convert your AVI to DVD and enjoy it now!

Some details:

1. Fastest convert AVI to VCD/SVCD/DVD and support burning them. You can play it on your home dvd player!
2. Powerful video decompress/compress engine, the converting speed is fastest in the world. Convert a whole movie in any format to DVD only need 90 minutes, to SVCD only need 60 minutes and to vcd only need 30 minutes.
3. Convert all video format to MPEG1/2 VCD/SVCD/DVD and burning them.
4. Real Dolby AC3 audio encoder included.
5. Real DVD Navigator encoder included.
6. Convert all video format to AVI/DivX/XVid.
7. Convert all video format to ASF/WMV
8. Convert all video format to RM. (Real Video)
9. Support QuickTime .MOV and Flash .SWF format.
10.Easy to use.
11.Stunning video and audio quality.
12.Option to real-time or non real-time preview the video. That means you can watch the video when you converting.
13.Option to auto shutdown your computer when completed the conversion.
14.DirectAC3 technology, support AC3 5.1 channels. Speed up 20% for AVI files include AC3 audio.

What's new:

WinAVI Video Converter v6.3
1. Support variable frame rate video to MPEG/DVD.
2. Fix a bug that picture color warp.
3. Fix other bugs.

So.. use DVD Decrypter to rip from DVD and use Winavi to convert mpg to DVD files. and u can burn easily now. :D

teknoPhobia

t3h g04t
If you are using Nero you might also have nero recode...its really useful for backing up DVD 9s.. if teamed up with DVD region free (Sorry I dont have the link) you can also back up original(CSS protected) DVDs

koolbluez

Šupər♂ - 超人
Use Roxio Easy Media Creator 7.5....

It's great.. but u need atleast the same amount of empty space in ur workin directory as the DVD u wanna copy...(4.7 or 9GB).

The workin directory can be viewed/changed in options or preference menu.

Sreekanth V

Journeyman
DDV Shrink will do better

Gordian knot is another option. But it is too much confusing for newbies.
I highly recommend 'DVD shrink'. I use it and feel comfortable, and I convert 'The matrix' movie into my 4.7 GB DVD without much quality lose.
I also convert the original movie into divx avi form, using 'Dr Divx' and then write it into another 4.7 GB DVD using 'Divx to DVD'. I think the first
one do better.

club_pranay

Nokia 7110 to iPhone 5
i suggest...
Eazy VCD :

Easy to use user interface
No complicated settings to worry about
Rip a DVD movie in as little as one click of the mouse
Selectable output to VCD, XVCD, SVCD & XSVCD compliant files
Ripping of any program chain on the DVD
Selectable output to either a Bin/Cue image or Mpeg files
Automatic Chapter points in your (X)(S)VCD when outputting to a Bin/Cue Image
Fit a full movie on one CD-R in XVCD or XSVCD mode
Rip DVD files for conversion at a later time

visit website

download(6.65MB)

Sreekanth V

Journeyman
Easy VCD is really a good program. Programs such as gordian knot are not too easy, but Easy VCD uses almost the same machanism Gordian knot uses but it automate all the tasks and make the process really easy. Thank you for the info. It seems faster than any other DVD ripping solution.

techtronic

I Always Prefer 1080p
If u need to convert your DVD VOB into DivX/XviD, use Auto Gordian Knot or Dr.DivX,else use DVDFab Platinum to get backup of a dual layer DVD into a single layer DVD with loss in video quality and audio clarity

Akhil Jain

Journeyman
techtronic said:
If u need to convert your DVD VOB into DivX/XviD, use Auto Gordian Knot or Dr.DivX,else use DVDFab Platinum to get backup of a dual layer DVD into a single layer DVD with loss in video quality and audio clarity

no ,no i want to just copy whole dvd as it is ...
it play just as real on dvd players

Akhil Jain said:
can i make a true copy of a dual layer dvd on another dual layer dvd using nero

as i used to copy vcd's

Rip your DVD to hard disk using DVD Decrypter.

To burn this data to a DL DVD-R just follow this guide -
*www.digital-digest.com/~blutach/dl_burn_guide2/dl_burning_with_pgcedit_v2.htm

-Keith

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom