Help needed in upgrading

Status
Not open for further replies.

saud_khan

Broken In
I m currently using a P IV 1.6 GHz processor with 845 mobo & 384 mb sd ram. thinking of buying an AMD processor with suitable mobo and ram fro around 10k. Can someone suggest the proper processor, mobo and ram to go for...AMD processor ofcourse.........also the mobo should support my modest IDE hard drives!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

vijay_7287

Cyborg Agent
i think this should be in the hardware section

anyways,
go for AMD athlon64 2800+
mobo - Msi-rs48m2-il
RAM - Hynix DDR400 - 512mb

u will get all this for abt 12k
and they are definitely worth the money

bala4digit

Journeyman
if you play games ....and u want them in good graphics...better go for a mobo that supports PCIe cards ...easy for future upgrades !!!

janitha

Wise Old Owl
bala4digit said:
if you play games ....and u want them in good graphics...better go for a mobo that supports PCIe cards ...easy for future upgrades !!!

But the mobo that vijay_7287 suggested has both onboard graphics as well as PCIe slot for future expansion.

V.Prem Kumar

mediator

Technomancer
Hey 1.6 Ghz is prety Ok , why r u upgrading? There's not much of a difference between startup time of 2.6 Ghz and 1.6 Ghz PC!
If u maintain ur PC well u'll get tremendous response from ur PC!

yrana2002

Ambassador of Buzz
With the upcoming high-end extreme graphical & system stressing games like HL2 or Halo, etc, its always better if you have 768MB or 1024MB RAM,

& better if you have a PCI graphics card than the onboard one, like said before, better for upgrades & lesser limitations

OP
S

saud_khan

Broken In
thanx all of u for the replies!!!!!!!!! and hey mediator, i know 1.6Ghz is ok but i got a mobo with and old AGP slot with a 32MB graphics card (SIS 300).so i thought of upgrading the essential parts of my system!!!!!!!!!

I

invisible

dinesh_mettur said:
AMD ATHLON 6400(64 BIT) PROCESSOR

512 MB ZION RAM(400 MHZ)

U GO FOR GIGABYTE MOTHERBOARD ( VIA CHIPSET)
via chipset suck :evil:

Techie_Geek

Journeyman
vijay_7287 said:
i think this should be in the hardware section

anyways,
go for AMD athlon64 2800+
mobo - Msi-rs48m2-il
RAM - Hynix DDR400 - 512mb

u will get all this for abt 12k
and they are definitely worth the money

great suggestion, jst the prfct option

OP
S

saud_khan

Broken In
hey guys!!! i bought an AMD 3000+ and MSI K8n2 mobo along with 512mb transcend RAM for around 12.5k!!!!!!!!!!!how was the deal???????

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom