MSI RS480 mobo Rs. 5000
Seagate 80 GB SATA HDD Rs. 2800
LG 17" flatscreen monitor Rs. 7100
Logitech keyboard+mouse Rs. 750
Creative SBS 2.1 370 speakers Rs. 1350
No optical drive because I already have a DVD writer
Cabinet + PS undecided

I have a few questions:
:arrow: Are the prices I have listed above reasonable?
:arrow: How good are the integrated graphics on the RS480 mobo?
:arrow: Do I need a 400w PS or is 350w enough keeping in mind that I might add a high-end graphics card later?
:arrow: Can I run San Andreas smoothly on my rig?
:arrow: Are Antec cabinets worth the money? Can someone suggest other good brands for cabinets and power supplies.
:arrow: Does having 1 gig of RAM mean that I can completely disable the swap file?
:arrow: Compared to a nForce4 mobo how does the RS480 perform (especially in memory benchmarks)?

mohit

The Hardware Labs
:arrow: Prices are okay.

:arrow: The integrated grafix on that board are the best that you can get. They are not all that mind blowing but will let you play all the latest games albeit at low/medium settings.

:arrow: ya u need a 400W or higher smps definitely. and go for good brands like antec,coolermaster,powersafe etc. these brands are definitely worth the money spent on their products. dont go for cheap psus , ups' etc. you can buy any cabinet u like , just change the psu dude.

:arrow: Dont know about SA as i havent got hold of it as yet. but it will be playable as even doom3 is playable on that board at low settings.

:arrow: I dont know whether you shud disable the page/swap file , but it is recommended to keep it 2.5 times the size of your ram for great perfomance. and keep it on your least touched partition.

:arrow: lastly i think the nforce4 will surely outperform the rs480 in memory tests. also nforce4 boards are the best for amd if u got the dough.

OP
D

drvarunmehta

Wise Old Owl
Which graphics card are the integrated graphics on the RS480 similar to? The FX5200 or X300?
The reviews on many hardware sites are not very flattering. Has anyone had problems with this mobo?

If I take an nForce4 Ultra, how much would it cost? Which is the best PCI-E graphics card coming for under 5000 bucks?

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom