help needed for 3 problems!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Status
Not open for further replies.

Yavin

Yalam
Guys i have 3 queries as follows-
1. I boot the pc from win xp cd and in recovery console when I give the command "fixmbr" I get the following message:
This computer appears to have a non-standard or invalid master boot record.
FIXMBR may damage your partition tables if you proceed.
This could cause all the partitions on the current hard disk to become inaccessible.
If you are not having problems accessing your drive, do not continue.
Are you sure you want to write a new MBR?

Is is safe to proceed or not. The pc was not starting at all.

2. When in the recovery console from cd, I tried to run the command "chkdsk /r /p" it gave a message and didn't complete the scan.

The volume appears to contain one or more unrecoverable problems.

the scan runs fine from exlorer in xp. what's the problem. Is the hard disk dying? it's an old 20 gb hdd.

3.I have a transcend v30 2 gb pen drive. Sometimes when i try to disconnect it It gives message and can't disconnect.

Problem ejecting USB Mass Storage Device

The device 'Generic volume' cannot be stopped right now. Try stopping the device again later.

Is this a virus problem or something else?

Guys plz reply.

casanova

The Frozen Nova
3. Its not a problem with the pendrive but a small unnoticed bug in explorer that does not release the resource. Try using unlocker to release the device and then you can safely use it

chesss

mera kutch nahi ho sakta
1. it is possible that one of your drive may vanish(i know mine did). Did you install any linux distro . If you haven't done anyhting, not messed up with partitions or something it should be safe. To be sure you can make a backup of your MBR. You will need a bootable linux cd for this(puppy)

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom