Help needed again for a graphics card

Status
Not open for further replies.

techno tublai

Broken In
as i have mentioned earlier, I have increased my budget to Rs. 7000/- (!!!). I have found an XFX GeForce FX5600 for Rs. 6250 and 5700le for 7500. I want to play Prince of Persia:Sands of time at a decent frame rate at 1024X768 resolution. What card should I choose so as to be free for next 6 months.

sidewinder

Ambassador of Buzz
Get Nvidia 5900 ultra or 9600 pro.If u can streatch ur budget a bit then go for 6600
5700 fx costs around 4 k now 128 mb

mohit

The Hardware Labs
i think this should be on the graphics card sticky. anyways if your budget is around 7k then i suggest you go blindly for the Gainward vanilla 6600 128 Mb (the last time i checked its price it was available for 7300/-) ...i dont knw if it was the agp or pci-e version though .. check it out !

D

Deleted member 5901

Wat board do u have in the 1st place??? how long u might take for a major upgrade ??? or a new pc ??

according to that we wil suggest a card for u!!!

according to me go for a cheap card save up and after about 6-10months go in for a better card (I call it "BUYING URSELF TIME !!!!")!!!

+ u'll have a variety or latest cards to choose from !!!!!

CYA

CHEERS !!!

pimpom

Cyborg Agent
techno tublai said:
I have found an XFX GeForce FX5600 for Rs. 6250 and 5700le for 7500.
Rs.7500 seems rather high for a 5700LE. PM me if you want to know where you can get it for well under 6k in Kolkata.

Don't worry - there's no shady deal involved and I have nothing to do with actual sales. It's just that I know some good sources that have served me well for several years. They are perfectly legitimate.

Journeyman
I bought an XFX nVidia FX 5700 LE 128 MB ( 8X AGP support), card about 6 months back for INR 3650. The price you have quote is INR 3850 x-tra!! You can get that crad much cheaper these days.

techno tublai wrote:
What card should I choose so as to be free for next 6 months.
:arrow: If you mean that you don't want to buy a card in the next 6 months - and want to be future-proof ( 6 months proof ), then I suggest you go for the XFX nVidia 6600 128MB card - If I am not mistaken this card will cost you between INR 7300 - INR 8000.
:arrow: Please give us some details about your mother-board / Does it support PCIe?

King Niral Wrote:
according to me go for a cheap card save up and after about 6-10months go in for a better card (I call it "BUYING URSELF TIME !!!!")!!!

I find a new line up of cards every six months. When I bouth my nVidia FX 5700 LE card, it was moderate and good card then. Now its an almost outdated card in my standards.
If one is to wait another 6months for better cards -- he has to wait every six months for better deals..

Just go for the best card now, use it up for a few months.. say 10-12..
Sell it off for a decent price, invest and buy a better one..
That's my policy.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom