Help ! My system crashing frequently....

Status
Not open for further replies.

Edburg

In the zone
My system was overheating frequently(almost 100 dgree celcius) and crashing.....so i cleaned up the pro fans and now the temps are fine(50 C).....

But now my system is again crashing but i dont know why.....no BSODs no errors..not nothing..sytem just goes off and i have to turn off and on the main power supply to restart it.....

The longer i wait(idle-off) after a crash,the longer it withstands the crash.......if i restart immediately,restarts very quickly.....so i think h/w prob may also be involved...

any suggestions welcome....thinking of reinstalling windows if this continues....

ravi_9793

TechTin.com
There can be many reason behind the same:
1) cabinet fan problem
2) SMPS problem
3) Addition of new hardware.
4) hardware driver error
5) Softwares installed problem.

OP
Edburg

Edburg

In the zone
ravi_9793 said:
There can be many reason behind the same:
1) cabinet fan problem
2) SMPS problem
3) Addition of new hardware.
4) hardware driver error
5) Softwares installed problem.

Well i tried to install another copy of windows but even during that installation it crashed....so software prob is out if the questions.....and no new hardware is added......only hardware prob....

i removed the cabinet fan...only pro fan and smps fan running....

i changed the SMPS about a month or two ago....i think now this is the culprit....how can i confirm it ??

the temps and voltage levels using intel active monitor is normal only....

dOm1naTOr

Wise Old Owl
Check if da capacitors near da proccy are Ok. If it has started cracking at the tips, then mobo is near death.
The problem may also be due to SMPS triping.

OP
Edburg

Edburg

In the zone
aravind_n20 said:
Check if da capacitors near da proccy are Ok. If it has started cracking at the tips, then mobo is near death.
The problem may also be due to SMPS triping.

the capacitors seem fine when just looked at them.....and what is SMPS tripping ??

OP
Edburg

Edburg

In the zone
ever since my last reply,i have changed 2 smps and then the sys stopped booting:neutral: .....gave my sys to 2 comp repair walas...they told mobo dead and repairing wud be temp only..so bought a new mobo(unfortunately the only 478 pin p4 mobo available in market was zebronics 845gv:( )....and also bought a new 256 MB ram

then the old RAM refuses to make my sytstem boot:( ...so removed it

did a clean format and then installed XP SP2 but in the boot screen it just freezes:confused: ....tried several times with diff CDs...then installed win 2000 and XP w/o SPs....installed just fine but the sys is just freezing frequently....and then i have to reboot

seems that wheneevr i give my harddisk some work it freezes but not sure in this....

wht can i do for this ? may i sh8ud have bought a new one when the first symptoms of prob occured...now repair after repair occurs....

Edburg said:
ever since my last reply,i have changed 2 smps and then the sys stopped booting:neutral: .....gave my sys to 2 comp repair walas...they told mobo dead and repairing wud be temp only..so bought a new mobo(unfortunately the only 478 pin p4 mobo available in market was zebronics 845gv:( )....and also bought a new 256 MB ram

then the old RAM refuses to make my sytstem boot:( ...so removed it

did a clean format and then installed XP SP2 but in the boot screen it just freezes:confused: ....tried several times with diff CDs...then installed win 2000 and XP w/o SPs....installed just fine but the sys is just freezing frequently....and then i have to reboot

seems that wheneevr i give my harddisk some work it freezes but not sure in this....

wht can i do for this ? may i sh8ud have bought a new one when the first symptoms of prob occured...now repair after repair occurs....

My sympathy is with you Edburg, Ok before opting for a New HDD u can try to format the HDD completely i mean through disk partition, create new partition delete the existing ones and format the partition, create only one partition then wait and watch still you face the same issue hmm you need to buy a new HDD.

OP
Edburg

Edburg

In the zone
^^ thanks for the reply...will try it out soon....

how can i make sure its the hard disk that is the culprit here ?

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom