Help! Missing memory of my Ipod style Mp4 player.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Peter Bygrace for Digit

Right off the assembly line
Hello to every'body' and every'mind' bent out there to help me?
I recently bought a Ipod Style Mp4/Mp3 player, voice recorder from the ebay. This is a mass storage device too. This is hard drive based and a full 2GB. Its quite good. The seller provided with it a software to format and partition the players drive. But I was not aware of so I formatted the player with the Windows format (FAT). Then started all the problems. The data started corrupting. I should have used the sellers software to format. I used WinXP Home. To overcome the problem, I booted the system using my WinXP Cdrom, with the I pod connected to the system. I then went to the page where partitions are created. There I deleted the partition of the Ipod players hard drive and restarted. Then came the surprise and sadness. I could not see the 1.96GB of the volume I have deleted. Later when I rebooted with the XP Cdrom again and tried to see whether I can recover the deleted drive, sadly it was not there either. Now there is only 223 MB of memory out of 2GB of total memory. I need help to recover the memory.
I also add the link : *cgi.ebay.in/2GB-IPOD-Style-12-in-1-Mp4-Player-with-FM-Radio_W0QQitemZ280069030700QQihZ018QQcategoryZ7383 9QQrdZ1QQcmdZViewItem

AshishSharma

Livin' in the ghetto
Damn!!! I wrote an response on ur other thread and it turned out closed .. gotta write it all again ..

K try this ... can you see the HDD on the Ipod through Disk Management (Diskmgmt.msc) ?

If yes try to delete the existing volume and create a new volume utilizing all available space.

If not try that Ipod software and see if it can see the volume and edit it ?

Last edited:

prasad_den

Padawan
@Peter: Check the following link. It explains exactly how to deal with a problem like yours..
*mympxplayer.org/how-to-removing-memory-hack-vt2400.html

montsa007

~Bulletproof Monk~
i think formating the chinese ipod does damge to the hdd and it lessens the space,so i don prefer them

tarey_g

Hanging, since 2004..
You can't recover the memory because there is no memory , the memory is in fact 223MB what you see right now . This is the most common fraud with these type of MP4 players . The memory of the player is misreported , once you format it the real thing shows up , happened to my friend , he got a 512MB MP4 player but the real memory turned out to mbe 256 after he formatted it. He opened the player and saw the 256MB memory chip in the player .

The market is full of these type of players, to chk them you have to either format it or just copy lots stuff in the player memory and then back to you PC hdd , most of the data wont be retrived properly.

The space does not get lessened , it is aleady less. The size is misreported. If the player is showing 2GB and its physically not , then the data u copied in the player beyond the orignal physical limitations of the memory is going nowhere. Make a sfv file of the dat you are copying in to the player , then copy it back to the PC and chk th sfv, i guarantee the sfv chk will fail.

Last edited:
OP
P

Peter Bygrace for Digit

Dear Tarey,
thank you. But when I went through the XPCDrom to the page where there is the partition making and installing the XP, It was surely showing the volume, A Big 1.96 GB. I believe this is true. It also got formatted. But I feel there is a problem of system recognizing the part. Once it is visible in the computer, Its not a big thing to format and avail the space. Thanks again for you reply.
Peter.
Thank you. I went through to the site through the link *mympxplayer.org/how-to-removi...ck-vt2400.html, You have given. It did explain many things. But they were not working with my player. I did what was told. The pictures showed that the volume was some 1900+ memory. But mine is showing only 223. I did every thing. But I am hopeful. I believe somewhere there is a way to retrieve the volume.
Thanks once again.
Peter

Last edited:

tarey_g

Hanging, since 2004..
Peter Bygrace for Digit said:
Dear Tarey,
thank you. But when I went through the XPCDrom to the page where there is the partition making and installing the XP, It was surely showing the volume, A Big 1.96 GB. I believe this is true. It also got formatted. But I feel there is a problem of system recognizing the part. Once it is visible in the computer, Its not a big thing to format and avail the space. Thanks again for you reply.
Peter.

Mr. Peter , sorry to say but there is no way you are going to get back the full 2gig memory , as this is not the first time i am reading abt the problem you have , just google and you will find many ppl complaining the same thing.

I purchased a similar chinese 2GB MP4 Player on ebay
for Rs.2200, it has inbuilt speakers. Earphone was of low quality, found out that memory capacity was a fake, only 475MB was the real usable capacity, those cheats would alter the FAT of the player to report as 2GB on windows. So in the ad they have mentioned as “Donot format the player, as you may not get the full factory formatted capacity of the player”, all bullshit, i had used HP’s tool to format it correctly using FAT16 format.

To find out if the memroy capacity is genuine or not, try copying the data to the player’s full capacity, if its fake, you cannot copy, or after copying you cannot access the file/folder etc.

see comments on this page

also visit this page : *forums.cnet.com/5208-7595_102-0.html?forumID=71&threadID=159124&start=45

Sorry to say but i am pretty confident the same thing has happened in your case .

iMav

The Devil's Advocate
well if tarey is corect then i dont know but trusting ur sight tht u saw 2gigs b4 formatting .... i wud suggest just go thru dos again and use ur win xp cd and re-format .... re-create a partition try wat happens .... most of the times just fidgeting here and there might help u out .... also try something like partition magic ... though im not sure of the result .... im optimistic abt the result

tarey_g

Hanging, since 2004..
*reviews.ebay.com/The-Official-Fake-4GB-MP4-Player-Scam-On-eBay-FAQ_W0QQugidZ10000000002547758

*forums.ebay.in/thread.jspa?threadID=500000596&tstart=0&mod=1166346998205

and this...
There are two ways to find out the "true" storage capacity of your player...

The first is to open the player and take a note of the make and model numbers of memory chips inside, then research the capacity on the manufacturer's websites (though not recommended for most people, as this will no doubt void any warranty, and may result in damage to the player...). There's an eBay guide (written by an eBay member) HERE if you'd like to know more...

The second is to format the player to it's true capacity. This is highly recommended, especially if you are planning on keeping the player... Remember, it could run unstable until formatted, corrupting uploaded files (uploaded files beyond the players capacity), making the player behave strangely, and crashing...

If your player came bundled with a software cd, then a format tool should be on there, but with many you may not be able to load it up on your pc... or you may not have received one...

WARNING! : Some people have found there to be computer virus' on the cd supplied with their players. Take the necessary precautions with your antivirus software before installing anything on your computer!).

You need a piece of software called "AMV Convert Tool 3.68" (download HERE or do a Google search for it...). This all assumes you are running a standard PC with Microsoft Windows as the operating system...

Before you begin, backup anything you want / need from the player (i.e. copy and paste all the files you want to keep from the player onto your pc... Formatting will wipe all files from the player!).

Once installed on your PC, with the player turned on and attached with the USB, run "MP3 PLAYER DISK TOOL" from the program group in the start menu. When the tool loads, select "low" in the format type, then select the "partition and encryption" tab at the top of the window. Firstly you must drag the slider all the way to the right, and click "start", formatting the drive... Then drag the slider all the way to the left, and again click "start", this time formatting to the correct true capacity the player has...

The player will now run with much more stability, and with it's true capacity being recognised by Windows...
*xbox0.co.uk/

I am sure too that he saw 2 gigs before formatting.

Last edited:

magis

MP4 Wrist watch will be fashion in short period?

With the development of technology, people can watch movie and listen music by watch. Have you thought this before? I never thought this. But it is true. When you run, you can see lots of people listen music by watch. When you take bus, you can see people watch movie on their small watch. It is fantasy. Do you think so?

Wearing MP4 watch become common and common. Whatever youth or elder, everyone likes it. It is convenient and fashion. The price of this watch is not so expensive. You can search lots online. I am also wearing one MP4 player. It brings me so much fun. This is my MP4 player which I buy from china company gizmograbber.com.
*s12.photo.store.qq.com/http_imgload.cgi?/rurl4_b=22b1ab237520a6f202eba49ad8c5c0ae8bc453787625763d09e808968e3d5ef069eee9a40f1f712a64c1b75bbb94d73bf39eee2d11f8122b8f4190c765761507654e12a4cba4e56459dfd428428c65ea558d9be2

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom