help me >>>>>>>>>>

Status
Not open for further replies.

manmathan

Right off the assembly line
hello ,,
i am using p4 processor and 865gbf motherboard and 80 gb hard disk and geforce fx5200 128 graphic card(agp),1 gb ram. my card doesnot support new games like pro street, crysis, spiderman 3, grid ,hulk2 and almost all new games. my card has pixel shader 1.1 version and what i need is any upgarde to card with around 5000 pls help me out .pls explain in detail. thanks in advance:p

Last edited:

pimpom

Cyborg Agent
Or an AGP version of the GF 7600GT.
Even a GF 6600GT will be a huge leap from the FX5200.

Whichever card you ask for in a shop, make it clear that you want an AGP version as most cards available will be in PCI-Express form. It may be difficult to find a reasonably modern card in AGP form.

A word of advice: When you start a thread in future asking for help, please put something meaningful in the subject line. Your present heading will turn off many of the more experienced members and they may not even bother to read it.

Something like "Need advice upgrading AGP card" or "Need advice upgrading from FX5200" will attract a better quality of attention. Otherwise you did a good job giving info about your motherboard, amount of RAM, the type of games you want to play and your budget. Sometimes we have to drag this kind of information out of the OP bit by bit. :)

Last edited:
OP
M

manmathan

Right off the assembly line
need advice to buy agp card

i am using p4 processor(3ghz),80gb hard disk,865gbf motherboard,geforce fx5200 agp graphic card 128 mb, 1 gb ram(ddr1). i cannot play new games like pro street,grid,spiderman 3,etc.,,,,, all i need is which card better suits my pc config or i have to upgrade my pc . i have budget of 6000 tell the list of agp card available for this price and explain in detail... thanks in advance:)

ashu888ashu888

Core i7 (nehalem) Owner
Re: need advice to buy agp card

Well

i hv the same config witha lil' bit extra like---> 160 GB SATA hdd, 2 GB DDR-I(400)RAM and nVIDIA ge Force 7600 GS (256 MB) agp card..

u can upgrade it to 7600 gs or any other if the agp's are still in the market, i did this upgrade along time ago..2 yrs back...

so i definately know that for a gbf mobo (wich is extinct in the market), this card is the best u can buy (if it is still in the market)
--------------

For pro street, u'll hv to upgrade ur RAM to 2 GB (i hv 512 x 4 RAMs=2 GB) as well as ur AGp (graphics card) to a min of 256 MB for a budget of 6k and the game will run on a mid setting.. :)
---------------

Cheers n e-peace.....

ashu888ashu888

Core i7 (nehalem) Owner
why the same thread ??? u hv it here tooo ---> *www.thinkdigit.com/forum/showthread.php?t=94695

Pelase use the EDIT button to add contents to ur posts....

reporting to mods.... ( in a good way)..
---------------------------

btw, ur system jus cannot handle games like crysis, grid adn pro street to be honest, y ?? coz i hv already replied in the above link,.,. :)

also, the proc speed is not too good to support these games ( as i hv the same config too) and a lil' bit extra like 160 GB HDD, 2 GB RAM, 256 MB AGP card...
-------------------

Cheers n e-peace....

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom