help me--

Status
Not open for further replies.

coolsunny

Journeyman
i have old version of prof XP on my pc.it is in drive C.i want to fomat drive C & install new prof XP sp2. how can i do it ??
help me plz.

devarajan

Journeyman
coolsunny said:
i have old version of prof XP on my pc.it is in drive C.i want to fomat drive C & install new prof XP sp2. how can i do it ??
help me plz.

Backup the required DATA.And then insert the xp cd at booting of computer it will prompt PRESS ANY KEY TO BOOT FROM CD .Then press any key it will load the required file's and i will search for the previous version and it will prompt to list out the available driver's u select c: press D to delete that partion and again click C to created the partion after then click ENTER it will ask whether u want to format as NTFS or FAT32.select it according to ur requirement and enter it.That's it will start install with one reboot......that's it's u have installed new prof XP sp2.Any problem Reply me............... :roll: :roll:

OP
coolsunny

coolsunny

Journeyman
devarajan said:
coolsunny said:
thanks to devarajan.
how can the problem solved by using DOS.
can any one tell me

For this u need Booting disk of windows 98 :lol: :lol: If u got i will Explain :lol: :wink:

i can bring booting floppy disk from my friend.
so u can tell me :roll:

himtuna

Journeyman
hey didn't see this thread
mod delete my thread
I have the same problem

*www.thinkdigit.com/forum/viewtopic.php?t=38823

I don't see the message
Press any key to boot from CD....
what to do ?
I have to install winXP from My computer

During installation I couldn't delete the existing partition >>>> It gives something... winXp installation files....

OP
coolsunny

coolsunny

Journeyman
devarajan said:
coolsunny said:
help me plz.

Backup the required DATA.And then insert the xp cd at booting of computer it will prompt PRESS ANY KEY TO BOOT FROM CD .Then press any key it will load the required file's and i will search for the previous version and it will prompt to list out the available driver's u select c: press D to delete that partion and again click C to created the partion after then click ENTER it will ask whether u want to format as NTFS or FAT32.select it according to ur requirement and enter it.That's it will start install with one reboot......that's it's u have installed new prof XP sp2.Any problem Reply me............... :roll: :roll:
steps r--
back my files
insert cd,then restart , pressing DELETE key a window opens .. showing boot in window .ok. there after what to do? i don't want to take risk making experiment .reply me plz.

thetopcyborg

Journeyman
AFter that, navigate to 'Boot Device Priority' in Boot Settings.....

From there, make sure that 'ATAPI CD/DVD Drive' is at the top, then the Hard Drive and at the bottom, the 'Removable Drive'. Press F10 or Save the Changes and Restart....AFter that, if the CD is bootable(which it is) and it is readable, a message will come on a black screen top press enter(or any key) to boot from CD....do that and the XP setup will open....

The above setups are according to my BIOS. There can be variations in your BIOS also..

Remeber, take every step carefully as any carelessness can lead to damage to mobo also....

OP
coolsunny

coolsunny

Journeyman
coolsunny said:
help me plz.

i have solved my probleb.
i want to know we can do it using DOS.
anybody knows? tell me

Tech&ME

Banned
coolsunny said:
coolsunny said:
help me plz.

i have solved my probleb.
i want to know we can do it using DOS.
anybody knows? tell me

If you mean to say that you want to boot from a DOS bootable floppydisk and then install Windows XP on the harddisk you can do it.

Follow the steps below:

Step 1:power on your system and press DEL key

You will see a blue screen with some options on it in white. (you can only use your keyboard to navigate in this screen). Go to the Advanced Setup Options ---> then select Boot Priority ---> 1st Boot device to be Floppy drive , 2nd Boot device to be CD-Rom drive

Step 2:Insert the Bootable DOS floppy in your Floppy Drive. Press F10 to save the bios settings and exit. (Your system will re-start automatically)

Step 3: Let the Dos load from the floppy and A: shows up.

Step 4: Change the Command prompt to your CD-Rom drive's Drive letter, it will be D: or E:

Step 5: now type on the D:\ prompt -- setup.exe and press enter

Step 6: follow the prompts there after.

(Caution: Microsoft does not recommend this way of installing Windows XP, do this only if your Original Windows XP CD refuses to boot automatically)

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom