Status
Not open for further replies.

Explorer

Right off the assembly line
I have a 128mb RAM. Is there any software which doubles my RAM. I heard about RAM Doubler. Is that work? If Yes, where from can i download it? :?:

Ashis

In the zone
If that Was possible!!! Then Why Did I purchased 256 MB of More RAM ???

There is No software that can double Ur RAM, But Might Do Some Other Trick !!! :lol:

Hun........ :shock: RAM Doubler Need To search Bout this Thing :?

rajas

In the zone
Hey Explorer, Having had an application that boosts RAM why wud one upgrade.
May they do some speedup but not to the extent of doubling it.

Ram Doubler. googled it but got no good info.

khattam_

Fresh Stock Since 2005
LOL man............
RAM Doubler??
What if there is??
Even If there is such a software, it will just show that your RAM is double but the performance remains the same..............

rajesh

Journeyman
RAM doubler. Maybe it increases the size of your Virtual memory. Just a thought.

IF it could do what it claims, then no one is going to buy higher capacity RAMS. :wink:

koolbluez

Šupər♂ - 超人
:lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: Nuthin doubles ur physical 128mb RAM other than a RAM UPGRADE; dude :lol: :lol:

Also Ram Doubler is a Connectix product. The company is closed, sold off to Microsoft. So xpect the Ram Doubler from Microsoft!!!

But if u wanna free ur RAM of RAM-HUGGERS, go for FreeRAM XP, FAST Defrag, RAM Idle, MemDefrag or CacheMan!!! I use the first one. FREE & SIMPLE

D

dinesh_singh

wow ram doubler......
oh man....i just spent 13000 to corsair twinx1024-3200xl (2.2.2.5)

i m gonna suicide...... :(

anandk

Distinguished Member
no my friend, there is no Ram Doubler, to the best of my knowledge. :)
you have to pay and upgrade to say, 256mb. reg ram optimizers, even i use 'ram idle'. try it it may help you, ........but : i quote :

Myth - "Increasing the amount of available RAM improves performance."

Reality - "RAM Optimizers have no effect, and at worst, they seriously degrade performance. Although gaining more available memory might seem beneficial, it isn't. As RAM Optimizers force the available-memory counter up, they force other processes' data and code out of memory. Say that you're running Word, for example. As the optimizer forces the available-memory counter up, the text of open documents and the program code that was part of Word's working set before the optimization (and was therefore present in physical memory) must be reread from disk as you continue to edit your document. The act of allocating, then freeing a large amount of virtual memory might, as a conceivable side effect, lead to blocks of contiguous available memory. However, because virtual memory masks the layout of physical memory from processes, processes can't directly benefit from having virtual memory backed by contiguous physical memory. As processes execute and undergo working-set trimming and growth, their virtual-memory-to-physical-memory mappings will become fragmented despite the availability of contiguous memory."

visit : *mywebpages.comcast.net/SupportCD/XPMyths.html

mohit

The Hardware Labs
dont get taken by softwares claiming that they will double ur ram or something stupider ... u might install spyware instead :D ... to improve perfomance u will have to increase the amount of actual physical ram and using optimizers or your so called "doubler" will not help ...

rohanbee

Padawan
I don't believe in all these optimising softwares at all. Yes, use them only if the hardware option is not feasible for you. Otherwise it just more added utilisation of your resoiurces rather than the other way around.

vmp_vivek

In the zone
Hey man,
mohit is right. BEWARE of such softwares. There is no other method for increasing your speed and performance, except by adding new physical RAM.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom