Help me with this Config Please ...

Status
Not open for further replies.

FilledVoid

Who stole my Alpaca!
Hi,
Ive finally found the time to assemble a new system. Ive found the specifics of something like the system I need with the help of techtree and some of the posters here :D .

Check out the following configuration
==============================

AMD Athlon 64 2800 and Asus K8V-X Motherboard
512 MB of DDR-400 Ram (Will try for Kingston or Corsair, but if not available will go for Hynix)
Some ATX cabinet with 400 Watts SMPS
160 GB 7200 RPM Seagate HDD
A 17 inch Monitor ( Any suggestions for one ?)
Graphic Card ( need some help with this ....)
A DVD Drive
A CD-RW Drive
An external modem ( Need, cause I intend to install Linux on this one :p )
Logitech keyboard
Mouse
Some kind of speakers

Now I can manage a budget up to 40,000 I guess .Now I need a UPS (Kerala has some serious electricity problems) and a Printer I think Ill go for the Cannon IP 1000.

Please note Im a casual gamer, (Was much more into gaming while I was at US) I do intend on playing doom once in a while or maybe the Chessmaster (I love chess). But other than that Its for development, documentation and watching some movies.

If you feel I should change something , please suggest the same :). Also help me out with the prices and what parts to use if I havent specified one specifically :)

I called Rashi Peripherals to find the price of the stuff but they told me that theyre distributors and dont supply to the customer directly :( . Is this true?

Thanks in advance

exx_2000 said:
I called Rashi Peripherals to find the price of the stuff but they told me that theyre distributors and dont supply to the customer directly :(

Tell them you're a retailer and need, say 20 of a particular product
that you need to know the price of. :wink:

Choto Cheeta

Rebooting
@exx_2000

well i think rather 160GB HDD & both DVD ROM & CD writer get a 80 GB sata & think about a dual layer DVD writer...... it will help u on storage.......

Please note Im a casual gamer, (Was much more into gaming while I was at US) I do intend on playing doom once in a while or maybe the Chessmaster (I love chess). But other than that Its for development, documentation and watching some movies.

for for ur need i think get the nforce based mobo with athlon64 3000 prossecor..... the on board graphics woulb be good enoghf 4 u (i think).....

modem ha..... why dont u get an CDMA connection.... or a broband..... cost is same but speed is much better......

blade_runner

Cyborg Agent
AMD Athlon 64 2800 and Asus K8V-X Motherboard >> 5.2k & 4.5k
512 MB of DDR-400 Ram (Will try for Kingston or Corsair, but if not available will go for Hynix) 3k
Some ATX cabinet with 400 Watts SMPS >> 2.5k with a generic cabby & powersafe psu 400W.
160 GB 7200 RPM Seagate HDD >> 4.2k
A 17 inch Monitor ( Any suggestions for one ?) >> Samsung or LG 5.6k
Graphic Card ( need some help with this ....) 9600/5700LE since u are gonna play doom3 only
A DVD Drive >> Liteon/Sony
A CD-RW Drive >> Same
An external modem ( Need, cause I intend to install Linux on this one :p )
Logitech keyboard
Mouse
Some kind of speakers >> Altec Lansing ATP3 3.3k or Creative 2.1 >> 1.5k

With 40K u can actually do better mate, try this config posted by a friend of mine .........

AMD 64 3000+ MSI RS480 Rs 14000
Ram 512 MB Transcend Rs 2800
Graphics card XFX 6600GT RS 11300
HDD 160 GB IDE Seagate 4000
Moniter 17" Flat RS 7000
DVD Rom Liteon RS 1450
Cabby + SMPS Powersafe 400 Watts RS 2200
Keybaord Mouse Combo Logitech Multimedia Optical RS 1000

Around Rs 43750

Now adjust some components here and there and suit to your needs.

:)

Around Rs 43750.

OP
FilledVoid

FilledVoid

Who stole my Alpaca!
for for ur need i think get the nforce based mobo with athlon64 3000 prossecor

Please explain the benefits of this and if possible give me a mobo commonly available :D

Graphic Card ( need some help with this ....) 9600/5700LE since u are gonna play doom3 only

What are the prices of these and what company do you recommend?

blade_runner

Cyborg Agent
exx_2000 said:
for for ur need i think get the nforce based mobo with athlon64 3000 prossecor

Please explain the benefits of this and if possible give me a mobo commonly available :D

What are the prices of these and what company do you recommend?
The prices on the powercolor/ club3d 9600 are arnd 5.5k and the XFX 5700LE is arnd 5.6k. Also the LE is good @ opengl games but not the others. So only invest if you are going to play opengl games for the rest of your life.

For the amt you are spending i'd suggest the second config i gave ya.

OP
FilledVoid

FilledVoid

Who stole my Alpaca!
Thanks bladerunner and others. Unfortunately since I live in kerala I dont know if Ill be able to get the configs at that price but IM gonna check with a dealer and see if he can arrange the aparts for me. Ill post the info after I check with the dealer

OP
FilledVoid

FilledVoid

Who stole my Alpaca!
Ok so I finally checked the prices with my dealer and these are the prices for the below parts ....

AMD 64 3000+ MSI RS480 Rs. 11900
Ram 512 MB Transcend Rs. 4000 this is for Zion
Graphics card XFX 6600GT Not even available with my dealer
HDD 160 GB IDE Seagate Rs. 5000 80 GB Rs. 2800
Moniter 17" Rs. 5850
DVD Rom Liteon (Combo Drive Rs 2650
Cabby + SMPS Powersafe 400 Watts Rs. 1450
Keybaord Mouse Combo Logitech Multimedia and FDD RS 1000
UPS Rs 2400
printer Rs 2850
External Dlink Com port modem Rs 1850

Now this already brings my total to Rs 40350 .. :(

Sometimes I wish Ilived in Mumbai.... ANyway now my questions. My delaer cant find a good card for this board. The only ones he could find I think were an Asus V9550 which is 3150 and an XFX 5200 256 MB which is 4150 . my question is will this onboard display be suitable for my games. The only I play is Doom 3 and Chessmaster and that to is rarely. I just require that it doesnt look like a slideshow :D . Can you guys help me configure something better with the same budget or is this a good deal fr the budget im using.

Is this the board with the ATI x300SE equivalent display? Would appreciate your replys as soon as possible :D

PS the price for AMD 64 2800 (754) Rs 4200
and the mobo Asus K8V-X Rs 5700

blade_runner

Cyborg Agent
exx_2000 said:
Sometimes I wish Ilived in Mumbai.... ANyway now my questions. My delaer cant find a good card for this board. The only ones he could find I think were an Asus V9550 which is 3150 and an XFX 5200 256 MB which is 4150 . my question is will this onboard display be suitable for my games. The only I play is Doom 3 and Chessmaster and that to is rarely. I just require that it doesnt look like a slideshow :D . Can you guys help me configure something better with the same budget or is this a good deal fr the budget im using.

Is this the board with the ATI x300SE equivalent display? Would appreciate your replys as soon as possible :D

PS the price for AMD 64 2800 (754) Rs 4200
and the mobo Asus K8V-X Rs 5700
Ok, the asus 9550 is a better than the xfx 5200 so go for it if there isnt any choice for you. But do remember that the msi mobo is a pcie based mobo so u wont be able to use these cards with it. However if you for the K8v then it is possible. But the thing is with both these cards the game will be more or less a slideshow. I'd recommend that you contact the distributors for xfx or leadtek and ask them to ship the card to your place if your dealer cant get it. If the 6600GT is too expensive get the 6600nongt. In this budget this is the best you will prolly lay your hands on.Yeah the msi rs480 has x300 based onboard display which will allow you to game at low resolutions and settings.

OP
FilledVoid

FilledVoid

Who stole my Alpaca!
One more question , does the dual channel memory mode increase the performance of the s939 system noticeably?

Im thinking to go with the PCIE config at the moment and wait for a PCIE card to become available.

Maybe Ill add a DVD writer or TV Tuner card to this for the time being :D .
Also does the MSI Rs480 have a COM port for the modem Im buying ?

Thanks for your help.

Sourabh

Laptoping
does the dual channel memory mode increase the performance of the s939 system noticeably? --> YES

Im thinking to go with the PCIE config at the moment and wait for a PCIE card to become available. --> they are very well available, but waiting for their prices to fall is a good choice since u can work in the onboard graphics for a lil while

Maybe Ill add a DVD writer or TV Tuner card to this for the time being :D --> Best of Luck

Also does the MSI Rs480 have a COM port for the modem Im buying ? --> YES

blade_runner

Cyborg Agent
exx_2000 said:
One more question , does the dual channel memory mode increase the performance of the s939 system noticeably?

Im thinking to go with the PCIE config at the moment and wait for a PCIE card to become available.

Maybe Ill add a DVD writer or TV Tuner card to this for the time being :D .
Also does the MSI Rs480 have a COM port for the modem Im buying ?

Thanks for your help.
Well u wont notice a whopping performance difference, since the mem controller is on-die. But a difference is noticeable when benchamrking and running memory bandwidth heavy apps i guess.
Good choice on the pcie rig decision. For details on the rs480 google ;)

naveenpoddar

Journeyman
exx_2000 said:
Ok so I finally checked the prices with my dealer and these are the prices for the below parts ....

AMD 64 3000+ MSI RS480 Rs. 11900

from where have got this quotation .please mention

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom