help me with nokia-2600 and samsung-c100

Status
Not open for further replies.

digant_goyal

Broken In
dear friends, i am planning to buy a mobile, which should be one of these,
nokia-2600 and samsung c100, which is much better, also tell is there any problem with nokia-2600....

hikapil

Journeyman
Samsung C100 is really a cool mobile, really great, feature rich and worth to money.

Just go for it.

2600 Doesn't have full polyphonic and 65K colors like C100.

drgrudge

Another Brick in the Wall
Defenitly C100

* 65k colors
* GPRS (no MMS)
* IRDa
* Slim design

2600 is a basic color phone, thats it. It has a single select key (called navi) like the ones of 3310/3315 or 1100/1108. The speaker sound is also not clear and loud.

hikapil said:
2600 Doesn't have full polyphonic and 65K colors like C100.
Who told u? It has polyphonic ringtones! But wht u mean by full polyphonic?

Ethan_Hunt

Aspiring Novelist
dun know if nokia 2600 has any probs or not.....but let me brief in some samsung c100 probs that i face sometimes:
Low battery life
no downloadin java games if on Hutch Gprs (Mumbai)
Hangs out while recharging somtimes (Must remove the battery and place it back again)
no .jpg and .mid support for pic and poly tones rather .gif .abm and .mmf support which are kinda tough to find than usual tones and pics download as nokia's common support.

besides this its a great and sleek Basic Gprs Phone.....where the nokia 2600 lacks out is the 65k screen and the Gprs and Wap connectivity....:wink: Also i guess they are somewhat costin almost the same :D

So samung c100 Vote here too 8)

@hikapil.....dude 2600 has full polyphonic mid format ringtones support :) but low volume compared to samsung c100 :wink:

hikapil

Journeyman
Who told u? It has polyphonic ringtones! But wht u mean by full polyphonic?

@hikapil.....dude 2600 has full polyphonic mid format ringtones support but low volume compared to samsung c100

Sorry people, i regret 2600 also have full polyphonic.

By full polyphinic mean All chanels support polyphonic. Some Nokia phones supports only 4 chords pholyphonic whereas C100 & 2600 supports 16 Chords Polyphonic.

cheetah

In the zone
MIDIs can be converted to MMF using PSMPLAY program.The MMF tones can be uploaded via infrared so thats not a problem.Even gif\jpg files can be converted using Samsung EASY GPRS software to the native samsung ABM format so that is not a problem also.
Java games can be downloaded using GPRS.
It never hangs while recharging.U may have a bad charger.

allwyndlima said:
dun know if nokia 2600 has any probs or not.....but let me brief in some samsung c100 probs that i face sometimes:
Low battery life
no downloadin java games if on Hutch Gprs (Mumbai)
Hangs out while recharging somtimes (Must remove the battery and place it back again)
no .jpg and .mid support for pic and poly tones rather .gif .abm and .mmf support which are kinda tough to find than usual tones and pics download as nokia's common support.

besides this its a great and sleek Basic Gprs Phone.....where the nokia 2600 lacks out is the 65k screen and the Gprs and Wap connectivity....:wink: Also i guess they are somewhat costin almost the same :D

So samung c100 Vote here too 8)

@hikapil.....dude 2600 has full polyphonic mid format ringtones support :) but low volume compared to samsung c100 :wink:

Ethan_Hunt

Aspiring Novelist
Dude how in the hell are u quotin my thread :lol: :lol: First explanation and then the Quote :lol: :lol:

k Let me clear things out to u one by one:
cheetah said:
MIDIs can be converted to MMF using PSMPLAY program
Even i know that.....but whose gonna take that much pain of convertin all those midi's to mmf and then transferrin it via Irda....i know how much pain in The A$$ that stuff was when i went through it....uhhh :twisted:

cheetah said:
Even gif\jpg files can be converted using Samsung EASY GPRS software to the native samsung ABM format

Just look at the clarity after u convert through that stupid EasyGprs Software....Clarityb sucksss big time....recently i converted a Dhoom wallpaper....yea the one with john on his red Hayabusa....hell after conversion it looked like Esha on a Hayabusa :lol: :lol: I usually convert first through Irfan view and then upload em and rather download stand alone .abm animations over The net itself :wink:

cheetah said:
Java games can be downloaded using GPRS

Tell that to my hutch connection call centre and u'll know exaclty how many games i have downloaded via its Gprs connection....the answer is none.....when i call up to their Hotline askin whats wrong.....They have thier usuall round up's sayin "oh sir the Samsung Phones are not compatible for Java Downloads" i Say Bullsh!t....both u and i know that c100 is perfectly sompatible with java games then why this probs???? :evil: and moreover that Idiotic EasyGprs software is so lame that it dosent have the feature of uploadin games....now dun tell me its as simple as that :twisted:

cheetah said:
It never hangs while recharging.U may have a bad charger

Oh and may be my friend also has a bad chager who got the original piece recently.....and may be even my neighbour too :lol: :lol:

dude this is a big issue with the samsung cell's HEATING AND LOW BATTERY Life.....apart from that its a good cell....Phewww....anythin more u wanna add :wink:

drgrudge

Another Brick in the Wall
OH , well well well!
People, first we all need to understand that nokia si the best for compactibilty, Even one of my friends C100 also hangs whenever, he tries to open up the games in the application folder.

cheetah said:
Java games can be downloaded using GPRS
Of cource, not all the games that u play on nokia is supported by other phones like samsung and SE. Nokia is perfect and most of the games are designed keep nokia phones in mind!

Well, there are problems with both C100 and 2600, but still i maintain C100 is a better choice.

divyaansha

Broken In
c100 wallpapers

:D :D :D Can u tell me where can i get the c100 eagle wallpaper for my nokia 6600 phone

I wanted the same flying eagle and also the polar bear as wallpaper on my 6600 phone

please see to it

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom