help me with my lg dvd writer

Status
Not open for further replies.

ganesh_pranav

Right off the assembly line
I am facing this problem since buying this produt.

I have a LG GSA-1463B DVD Writer. Since buying this drive I am facing problems in reading some kind of Movie and Data DVDs. I tried many Kind of DVDs but the problem persists.

I am recieving an error while copying some dvds that" Cyclic redundary check failed" etc..

Please give me solution for this problems

I am unable to findout that this is a hardware problem or Software????

d

Journeyman
if ur getting "data error:cyclic redundancy check" then its most probably with the media....i get errors like that in my sony dvd-rom when i put in badly written or scratched cd's......try n find someone with a samsung drive...though samsung drives are being defamed all over the forum, they hv the best hardware error correction algorithms....tht's wht i do, if my current drives can't read a cd, i dig out my old samsung cd-rom drive n connect it, n bingo...it has never failed me once.....even read a cd which had been run over on the floor by my friend's grandmother's wheelchair

A

ASH_DSG

don;t by a lg optical product 65% of lg product r not good they always gives error. U should have to buy a sony or samsung dvd writer they r better and error free.

AcceleratorX

Youngling
In my experience LG has better error correction than Samsung for data and games, while Samsung has better error correction for Audio and Video CDs....

vasukibk_bangalore

Right off the assembly line
Dear Ganesh,

Hi,
I saw ur query & someone pointed that LG produts have 65% of errors, but that is far from truth, even I have on my system LG CDRW(as PRI SLAVE), LG DVD RW(SEC MASTER) & with one hard disk(PRI MASTER) & LG products r good in accessing various DVD CD media, I am using that for more than a year .

The CRC error u quoted is quite often when you burn DVD-R, due to some fast coding algorithm used in DVD burning softwares this error happens.

While burning the data is stored in cache of burner & it has a boundary (ie 2MB).Successive boundaries will be fetched to the cache of burner to fill in the GB's of data on DVD, so the burn process of this can lead to some errors with data encode/retrival algorithms (such CRC algorithm for checking the correctness of data) if the boundaries while burning are changing in fast sucessions.

This is for ur side of burning dvds & using.
I dont want to make a political statement but NERO is best among the burning software what I have experienced. So use nero & at a lesser speed while burning any media(around 4X/8X for DVD & 24X/32X for CD).Use a DVD+R for burning(even though DVD+R is bit costlier than DVD-R). For data burned to be accessed on many other drives avoid using DVD-Video media which is economically lesser than others.

On the other hand if a DVD form outside(ie; magzine DVD or Video DVD) is giving CRC error then u should check the driver installed for its correctness on ur system if any driver u have put seperately( bcoz drivers are auto configured for the Drive in the system as soon u connect it & boot).

I hope ur system is configured for optimal DMA transfer.
Well even that is ok then at last the option is that you contact your vendor & make sure there is no problem with hardware of ur burner.

So go on with Trial & error
Bye

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom