help me with linux! :( pls.

Status
Not open for further replies.

legolas

Padawan
hi,

i have installed RHEL 7.3 and now i dont know what to do. i mean i dont know how to unzip a tar.gz file. or execute an rpm file. isnt there a program which emulates like running an exe file that we download in windows itself for linux? i need DC++ for linux and torrent programs like Azureus and Bitcomet. Freewares... does any1 know where to get them and how to INSTALL??? :( i am a newbie here and hope many experts at it ll point me to some tutorials / give me some explanations.. i dont have winzip, wirar either.. dont have winamp or any other music software.. and also my sound driver is not working. :( there are many problems.. is linux this way always????

thanks.
/legolas

pradeep_chauhan

Cyborg Agent
What RHEL 7.3 I think it must be RHL7.3 or RHEL 3 The latest is RHEL 4. Anyway please correct me if i am wrong.
Now the problem, what desktop manager do you have ? must be gnome i think it has a file manager that allowes you to unzip files by double clicking it (nautilus). For other things like running a file installing software pl reffer to the open source section for detail info.

vignesh

Wise Old Owl
you got half your answer there.

the remaining

By default redhat does not support mp3 you have to download the plugin for xmms (winamp like player in redhat ) or download another player.I have no idea what is dc++ do you mean c++ programming tools then it is to be added using the package manager in redhat.Your redhat version is not correct I think it is redhat linux 7.3 not rhel 7.3 which has only reached 4 as pointed by pradeep

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom