Help me! VSNL denying to open some sites!!!

Status
Not open for further replies.

sujithtom

Ambassador of Buzz
Guys I am facing a strange Problem. I use two internet connection BSNL as well as VSNL. I rarely use BSNL since it is very slow and automatically disconnects every 6 minsutes(Dunno why) But that is not my problem.

Now i can't open some websites (Displays Cannot Find server) while using VSNL. Some of them r vsnl, rediffmail, sify, yahoo, level-up-games.co.in. I can neither use Yahoo Messenger or Ragnarok Online(game).

And all the above things were working on trusy old slow and disconnecting BSNL.

HOw can i fix it. I tried to complain them but their own website (VSNL's) is not opening!!!

Plz help me..........

Choto Cheeta

Rebooting
1st of all check u r system with good virus scanner (NAV05, KAV5.0) & spyware scanner (Spybot, Adware SE)....

& then try the goolge's cache option.... if u find the sites r opening with google's cache option then yes there might be a problem with ur ISP or with ur system brouser....

tell us which OS u r in & which brouser u r using???

OP
sujithtom

sujithtom

Ambassador of Buzz
Wat is google cache??? How can i use it?

My OS is XP SP 2 fully updated. I use both IE6 and Firefox and this is defenitly not browsers problem since Messenger is also not working. And i can open those websites,which i can't in VSNL, using BSNL connection.

OP
sujithtom

sujithtom

Ambassador of Buzz
Ya i got wat google cache is. Tried it w8ted for loooong time and got the disfigured leftovers of the site i was trying to acess

Choto Cheeta

Rebooting
:wink:

sujithtom said:
I use both IE6 and Firefox and this is defenitly not browsers problem since Messenger is also not working. And i can open those websites,which i can't in VSNL, using BSNL connection.

thats why i asked u 2 see whether google's cache option is allowing u to visit the site or not....

& try the this command on ur command prompt tracert www.bsnl.co.in -w 1000000000 (change the site name for all the site that r not working) this will trace the server location till its availeble.... see from or after which IP ur getting *..... this will also test ur connetion speed.....

& then replace the tracert with ping

krishnathelord

In the zone
saurav_cheeta said:
:wink:

sujithtom said:
I use both IE6 and Firefox and this is defenitly not browsers problem since Messenger is also not working. And i can open those websites,which i can't in VSNL, using BSNL connection.

thats why i asked u 2 see whether google's cache option is allowing u to visit the site or not....

& try the this command on ur command prompt tracert www.bsnl.co.in -w 1000000000 (change the site name for all the site that r not working) this will trace the server location till its availeble.... see from or after which IP ur getting *..... this will also test ur connetion speed.....

& then replace the tracert with ping

man that was cooooooooooooooooll

OP
sujithtom

sujithtom

Ambassador of Buzz
Microsoft Windows XP [Version 5.1.2600]
(C) Copyright 1985-2001 Microsoft Corp.

D:\Documents and Settings\Rhino>tracert www.yahoo.com -w 1000000000

Tracing route to www.yahoo.akadns.net [216.109.118.74]
over a maximum of 30 hops:

1 163 ms 179 ms 170 ms ppp167-241-coc.eth.net [202.9.167.241]

After it displayed the number 2 it did nothing. Wehn i tried bsnl it gave me 3 lines and hung on the forth line

As for as ping it also hung when it came to this much

Microsoft Windows XP [Version 5.1.2600]
(C) Copyright 1985-2001 Microsoft Corp.

D:\Documents and Settings\Rhino>ping www.yahoo.com -w 1000000000

Pinging www.yahoo.akadns.net [216.109.117.110] with 32 bytes of data:
-----------------------------------------

Below is the result after trying sites i can acess (nothing worked when i tried Microsoft website. It works in my browser.

Tracing route to www.thinkdigit.com [130.94.75.250]

1 174 ms 167 ms 151 ms ppp167-241-coc.eth.net [202.9.167.241]
it hanged afterwards

Ping:
Pinging www.thinkdigit.com [130.94.75.250] with 32 bytes of data:

Reply from 130.94.75.250: bytes=32 time=463ms TTL=48
Reply from 130.94.75.250: bytes=32 time=469ms TTL=49
Reply from 130.94.75.250: bytes=32 time=451ms TTL=49
Reply from 130.94.75.250: bytes=32 time=472ms TTL=48

Ping statistics for 130.94.75.250:
Packets: Sent = 4, Received = 4, Lost = 0 (0% loss),
Approximate round trip times in milli-seconds:
Minimum = 451ms, Maximum = 472ms, Average = 463ms

P.S wat i mean by hung is tht i waited for long time and nothing happened so i closed it

P.P.S Saurav, Where did u lear this stuff. I knew about ping earlier but not abt Tracert. Are u a pro?

Choto Cheeta

Rebooting
sujithtom said:
P.S wat i mean by hung is tht i waited for long time and nothing happened so i closed it

P.P.S Saurav, Where did u lear this stuff. I knew about ping earlier but not abt Tracert. Are u a pro?

now try to reduce the 100000000 to 100000... & then post result.... dont warry it will take long time to trace the root server of the hosted site.. (1000000 means that mili second....)..... so give what ever u think is best for ur system..... i made it large as u said that connection is running slow....

dont close it untill it says done (succesfull or unsuccesfull what ever it is...)..... then post the result....

the tracert will show how many router u have to crose be4 ur system in connect ed with the server u r trying to access.......

sujithtom said:
Pinging www.thinkdigit.com [130.94.75.250] with 32 bytes of data:

Reply from 130.94.75.250: bytes=32 time=463ms TTL=48
Reply from 130.94.75.250: bytes=32 time=469ms TTL=49
Reply from 130.94.75.250: bytes=32 time=451ms TTL=49
Reply from 130.94.75.250: bytes=32 time=472ms TTL=48

Ping statistics for 130.94.75.250:
Packets: Sent = 4, Received = 4, Lost = 0 (0% loss),
Approximate round trip times in milli-seconds:
Minimum = 451ms, Maximum = 472ms, Average = 463ms

usealy under 500MS is gr8 speed..... we get this speed on CDMA or broadband.... for bsnl u can expect around 800 to 1600 MS...... thats normal....

but test it with the site that r not working.....

OP
sujithtom

sujithtom

Ambassador of Buzz
saurav_cheeta said:
usealy under 500MS is gr8 speed..... we get this speed on CDMA or broadband.... for bsnl u can expect around 800 to 1600 MS...... thats normal....

but test it with the site that r not working.....

under 500ms is gr8 speed??? :shock: I am using adial up VSNL and it show i am getting only 33.6 kbps and u r saying it matches broadband speed?? Well i must say though BSNL shows 48.9kbps but i have noticed tht BSNL is much much slower than VSNL.

I am doing wat u r sayin. It is showing results more faster but when will this stuff finish?? *sigh*

Choto Cheeta

Rebooting
no mate... 500ms is the speed of 32b of data sent from ur system to the server u r trying to access.... & then comes back t ur system... total time is what u r viewing.... it doesnt mean the highly graphical web site will open fast like broadband....

Choto Cheeta

Rebooting
but it will show the trafic... & about the servers speed... so post ur result lets see how is ur connection is doing....

OP
sujithtom

sujithtom

Ambassador of Buzz
D:\Documents and Settings\Rhino>tracert www.yahoo.com -w 1000

Tracing route to www.yahoo.akadns.net [216.109.118.68]

1 173 ms 169 ms 169 ms ppp167-241-coc.eth.net [202.9.167.241]
2 * * * Request timed out.
3 * * * Request timed out.
4 * * * Request timed out.
5 * * * Request timed out.
6 * * * Request timed out.
7 * * * Request timed out.
8 * * * Request timed out.
9 * * * Request timed out.
10 * * * Request timed out.
11 * * * Request timed out.
12 * * * Request timed out.
13 * * * Request timed out.
14 * * * Request timed out.
15 * * * Request timed out.
16 * * * Request timed out.
17 * * * Request timed out.
18 * * * Request timed out.
19 * * * Request timed out.
20 * * * Request timed out.
21 * * * Request timed out.
22 * * * Request timed out.
23 * * * Request timed out.
24 * * * Request timed out.
25 * * * Request timed out.
26 * * * Request timed out.
27 * * * Request timed out.
28 * * * Request timed out.
29 * * * Request timed out.
30 * * * Request timed out.

Trace complete.

D:\Documents and Settings\Rhino>ping www.yahoo.com -w 1000

Pinging www.yahoo.akadns.net [216.109.118.68] with 32 bytes of data:

Request timed out.
Request timed out.
Request timed out.
Request timed out.

Ping statistics for 216.109.118.68:
Packets: Sent = 4, Received = 0, Lost = 4 (100% loss),

I made milliseconds to 1000 to speed up things. I also tried 10000 in tracert and ping . Got the same output.

P.S Yahoo is also not working in my browser thts why i tried yahoo.But if MS have restrictions to acess its server through DOS, Yahoo may also have the same restrictions won't it?

OP
sujithtom

sujithtom

Ambassador of Buzz
Huh Saurav this may confuse u a bit but u see i can well acess think digit website but when i tracert thinkdigit i got this

D:\Documents and Settings\Rhino>tracert www.thinkdigit.com -w 1000

1 178 ms 179 ms 271 ms ppp167-241-coc.eth.net [202.9.167.241]
3 * * * Request timed out.
4 * * * Request timed out.
5 * * * Request timed out.
6 * * * Request timed out.
7 * * * Request timed out.
8 * * * Request timed out.
9 * * * Request timed out.
10 * * * Request timed out.
11 * * * Request timed out.
12 * * * Request timed out.
13 * * * Request timed out.
14 * * * Request timed out.
15 * * * Request timed out.
16 * * * Request timed out.
17 * * * Request timed out.
18 * * * Request timed out.
19 * * * Request timed out.
20 * * * Request timed out.
21 * * * Request timed out.
22 * * * Request timed out.
23 * * * Request timed out.
24 * * * Request timed out.
25 * * * Request timed out.
26 * * * Request timed out.
27 * * * Request timed out.
28 * * * Request timed out.
29 * * * Request timed out.
30 * * * Request timed out.

Trace complete.

P.S I have posted the results of tracert Yahoo above.

Choto Cheeta

Rebooting
hummm looks like need go little dip....

sujithtom said:
D:\Documents and Settings\Rhino>tracert www.thinkdigit.com -w 1000

1 178 ms 179 ms 271 ms ppp167-241-coc.eth.net [202.9.167.241]

u see up to ur ISP server ur connection is going real fast.... but then later sevvers r denying ur request for that site......

tell me one thing u r using VSNL by name (original ISP pack should contail VSNL name & logo) or any old compamy ISP which is now owned by VSNL.... i dont remmember right now few r there.... but as ur ISP goes to eth.net so it looks to me u r using a ISP which is now owned by VSNL but earlyer it was a single company.... is it... ??

one other thing is ur connections IP & DNS server address.... make sure they r config to obtain address automaticaly....

*img220.echo.cx/img220/9697/078lq.jpg...

reply back.....

Choto Cheeta

Rebooting
u might try this step....

but may be this is not nessary... but still some times this this kind of trick helps......

the stapes u can take is....

1st of all remove all the connecton from Network Connections... all of them....

now 1st remove ur modem (by the way what kind of modem u r using?? internal right??) from the Device Manager...

reboot... XP should automaticaly detect & install ur modem.... now go to the modem TAB of the device manager click properties & then Modem tab.... make suer maximum port speed is selected to the highest point... see the pict

*img133.echo.cx/img133/4863/011mv.jpg

now come to the Network Connections.... click create a new connection....

*img124.echo.cx/img124/9497/021om.jpg

now in the New Connection wizart.... click Connect to the Internet & then next

*img124.echo.cx/img124/2221/038hr.jpg

now then setup my connection manually....

*img124.echo.cx/img124/7030/041qa.jpg

then connect using Dialup modem.....

in the isp name... type VSNL.... next the Dial no. 172xxx (now i stoped dial-up a year ago i dont remmeber so find that xxx in ur manual....)....

now put ur user name & password.... & then finish.....

now go to network connection window..... right click on VSNL icon.... then properties.....

now in the OPTION tab there in a button X.25.... click it & make sure its sate on none......

*img124.echo.cx/img124/1829/069sy.jpg

now on the NETWORK tab click the INTERNET PROTOCOL (TCP/IP) PROPERTIES..... make sure u have cheaked the obtain the DNS & IP address autometicaly box... or u can call the VSNL customer care to know what is the fixd address.... (usealy they will ask u to set auto but if u fource them they might revail the actual address.....)

*img220.echo.cx/img220/9697/078lq.jpg

now cheak whether ur connection is working or not....

OP
sujithtom

sujithtom

Ambassador of Buzz
Actually on the cover there was VSNL written and its logo. But the vendor who provided me that told me that pack was really Dishnets and Dishnet was bought by VSNL some time ago. But I check my account balance through VSNL's site. I will try wat u said.

OP
sujithtom

sujithtom

Ambassador of Buzz
Ya Ya its tata Indicom sorry. I am just confused. Saw two names. Tata Indicom and VSNL. I have to got to VSNL's website to look for balance though.

u might try this step....

but may be this is not nessary... but still some times this this kind of trick helps......

the stapes u can take is....

1st of all remove all the connecton from Network Connections... all of them....

now 1st remove ur modem (by the way what kind of modem u r using?? internal right??) from the Device Manager...

reboot... XP should automaticaly detect & install ur modem.... now go to the modem TAB of the device manager click properties & then Modem tab.... make suer maximum port speed is selected to the highest point... see the pict

i tried evrything u said. No use....

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom