HELP ME. tried everything, still cant fix my pc

Status
Not open for further replies.

kooki

Broken In
hey guys im no major expert on comps or anything but my pc's been giving me probs of late.

using a p4 2.8 intel 865gbf mobo 1 gig ram, 2x80gb hdd and as of now a 7300gt AGP card (fx5500 before but the fan came off)

the prob ive been having is that whenever i switch my comp on, the display never starts up. well, it starts up once in about 50 times for some odd reason. everything seems to be running fine, but the display never lights up. even with onboard graphics and agp disabled, i still have the same prob
ive tried everything, at first i had a fx5500 and the prob used to happen very rarely, but then my card's fan came out so it used to overheat and shut down.
i had major cpu overheating probs, so ive changed the heatsync and fan too. got a new AGP 7300 card cuz my old 5500's fan came out. it worked fine like twice, then the display stopped coming on again. i read that my card needed a min of 350 PSU so i changed the psu to a 460 watt one too. still not working. updated bios also it worked for 1 day with the bios update even formatted, the one time the display came on. no luck.

its a really weird problem and i hope u ppl can understand whats going on cuz its really hard to explain it. ill post more details if asked
pls help

Last edited:
OP
K

kooki

Broken In
u mean the brand name of the new psu? i think its an ibm one. not sure about the rest but i can find out and let u know.
i asked around a few technicians becacuse this prob is really wierd. ive ended up changing the AGP card, cpu fan cuz of overheating, PSU, tried to even boot up without hdd'd pluged in etc...
its really random, my comp worked yesterday after trying 100 times. i got the PSU changed cuz the 7300 needed the extra power, it worked once today, but got stuck as soon as i booted, now when i switch it on, everything seems to be moving, cpu fan, graphics fan, PSU fan etc... but the display wont come on :(
also, i used the broken fx5500 just to try. the chances of the display to come on are more with the 5500 than with the 7300. the 5500 goes boiling hot in 2 mins so i remove it cuz it has no fan.

patkim

Cyborg Agent
This could also be due to bad RAM or dust in the RAM slots.
Clean this part i.e. RAm and RAM Slots and try booting with only on board graphics and see if things work.

OP
K

kooki

Broken In
i found out its the prob with my mobo. never boots up with onboard graphics too. selling the pc. its getting old anywayz

OP
K

kooki

Broken In
nah the monitor works perfectly with my notebook, i switched ram slots too with no luck, tried it all... giving the comp away for a new one. dunno if i should go quad or stick to a cheap c2d

arupch

Tech Addict
Check the RAM timings. Input the timings manually rather than the auto mode. I had a similar problem - my computer used to start once after restarting 4-5 times despite everything getting the power. Everybody suggested to change SMPS. But as per other's advice i changed the RAM timing and the problem has been solved.

________
Arup

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom