help me to install windows Xp after ubuntu

Status
Not open for further replies.

saurabh kakkar

D i s t i n c t l y Ahead
hi
My M$ windows Xp is dead Now i m left with ubuntu 7.04 only Plz tell me the correct way to install Windows Xp in such a manner that my ubuntu remains unaffected
I have ubuntu 7.04 Alternate cd .
there r so many methods on the net plz tell me the correct way :)

FilledVoid

Who stole my Alpaca!
You might want to include the information about your hard disks mainly. Ive found that getting IDE and a SATA combo to work with Ubuntu to be a pain in the rear. Other than that the install should be pretty much straight forward. Are you sure you lost Windows? Might want to check fdisk -l to see if your partitions are still there I guess

OP
saurabh kakkar

saurabh kakkar

D i s t i n c t l y Ahead
exx_2000 said:
Are you sure you lost Windows? Might want to check fdisk -l to see if your partitions are still there I guess

My windows is not lost plz see this post :

*www.thinkdigit.com/forum/showpost.php?p=692730&postcount=1

also when i m trying to access system32 folder in windows xp via wine i get the same"tick" noise and my

ubuntu hangs plz help me if u can

NucleusKore

TheSaint
saurabh kakkar said:
also when i m trying to access system32 folder in windows xp via wine i get the same"tick" noise and my

ubuntu hangs plz help me if u can

I really do not follow what you are saying, but if you get a "tick" its time to URGENTLY back up your data before your head crashes

FilledVoid

Who stole my Alpaca!
My M$ windows Xp is dead Now i m left with ubuntu 7.04 only Plz tell me the correct way to install Windows Xp in such a manner that my ubuntu remains unaffected

You can reinstall XP with np I recall and then just reinstall GRUB only but I had a hard time doing that since I use 2 HDD . So you might want to check with others.

When u'll reinstall XP, it'll overwrite the grub bootloader with its own. So reinstall XP, then boot using your linux cd in rescue mode. Do a chroot to your installation and run grub-install to reinstall grub.

adi007

Youngling
this might help u*gigasmilies.googlepages.com/yes.gif
*www.howtogeek.com/howto/ubuntu/reinstall-ubuntu-grub-bootloader-after-windows-wipes-it-out/

or can use grub for windows..
i am currently using this...*gigasmilies.googlepages.com/4.gif

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom