Which one is better?

• ATI 9600 Pro

Votes: 0 0.0%

• Total voters
Status
Not open for further replies.

sidewinder

Ambassador of Buzz
Hi I have a MSI KM3M V motherboard.I want to install a nvidia fx 5700 card.Till now I am using its onboard s3 unichrome on board video.Mobo manual says onboard video will be auto disabled when I insert an agp card.

I want u guys to help me out in installing my card.I am a newbi so plz be detailed about the steps.

pimpom

Cyborg Agent
Unless one has a setup very similar to yours, it's hard to lay out a step by step guide, but in general it's not difficult.

When you boot up with the new card, Windows will report detecting a new hardware and ask to install the proper driver (I assume you're running MS Windows). Click 'cancel'. Your computer will boot with the default graphics driver. Insert the driver CD and follow the instructions. If you run into problems, report back here with details.

Before handling the graphics card or any other computer hardware, discharge yourself of any static electricity that might have accumulated on you or your clothing. You can do this by briefly touching an earthed metal point such as a water pipe.

OP
sidewinder

sidewinder

Ambassador of Buzz
Well ..........Do I have to uninstall the previous onboard graphics driver prior installing? Yes I am using Windows xp.

pimpom

Cyborg Agent
Uninstalling a previous driver is usually recommended, but it often works just as well without doing it. I suggest you do it just to be on the safe side.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom