Help me to choose the Right Printer

Status
Not open for further replies.

k_mridul

Broken In
hi every one

one of my relative asked me choose a right printer specifically for his need to print around 40,000 pages of Non-graphic Data (A3 Size).
but after a little searching i realize that it is very difficult for me to find the correct solution, so i m here in hope of some good response from u tech guys.

as the data to be printed is non-graphic so it is obvious that impact printer is better choice.
but considering such heavy load some Qs came into my mind :-

1. What type of Impact Printer will be better - Dot-Matrix or Line Printer or any other ?

2. What are the Avg Speed (pg/hr) of these printers ?

3. What is the Life (in no. of Characters or Pages) of Printer Head and Ribbon of these printers ?

4. Which Brand (like Epson, TVS, Wipro, etc) will u suggest ?

5. and last but not the least - Price range of such printers, their Head, Ribbon etc ?

if u have any answer for any of the above Qs pls post it.

also, if u find any thing that i can add to make the specifications more simple or clear, pls suggest it.

~

Kniwor

Learner
dont consider mine as an expert advice in printer field,

but from what we see around, DMP's are very popular and sucessful, the cost of a DMP is a bit high from what u'd expect but the operating cost is very very low, also at times u can print some really poor graphic images which i dont know if it is possible by a line printer......

Epson seems to be the most reliable maker of DMP's atleast......
all this is my personal take and not information from somwhere so it might be incorrect.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom