Help me to choose an LCD for my old computer !

Status
Not open for further replies.

spitfire

Gizmo Freak !
Before I start I confirm that I've already searched the forum,found some similar threads but didnt get answer specific to my question.
---------------------------------------
H Guys !
This time I need to buy a decent LCD for my home comp !
Budget is strictly 9-10k,cant go over that.

Here are some monitors that I've shortlisted.
1.Samsung 740n
2.LG 1752s
3.Viewsonic VA703m

All of them are 17" with square tube (I dont want to go for widescreen)

Which one of these I should buy ? All of them seem to have pretty good feedbacks on the internet.I am a bit inclined towards the LG one as it supports superb contrast ratio at 1400:1. How is this monitor ?

Another question...All these are with without DVI,Well can I get one with DVI input in this price range ? I am looking for mainly 17" or 19" normal non widescreen monitors only..
--------------------------------
I donno why but I just dont like WS monitors..they also boast smller screen size.a 19" ws basically has the same screen area as a 17" square.

By the way..I am noticing a very strange fact in most of the models that they have a pretty low range optimum operating temparature.
Such as most of them has it between 0'-40'where as my old crt has it between 0'-55'

As I dont have airconditioning and its pretty hot in kolkata in summer..should I worry abt that ???
-------------------------------------------

As far as my usages goes ,my rig is and 4year old Athlon xp 2000+,1gb ddr 400,MSI -VIA KT400 Mobo,Nvidia 6600GT 256 MB...pretty ordinary stuff and I use it mostly for studying purpose. Lots of internet,lots of Word and powerpoint,Occassional movie and some casual gaming..

Thnx in advance

ranjan2001

Cyborg Agent
for 10500/- u can have samsung/viewsonic with dvi input too, I don't know the exact model names but u can inquire, DVI wont run without a graphic card which has DVI out port add 6000/- for it too.

LG one as it supports superb contrast ratio at 1400:1. How is this monitor ?

Dont run after these ratio numbers they are market gimics, tomorrow there will be 2000:1 too available. Just understand that anything between 500:1 to 700:1 is more than what you will need.

Also remember that you need a decent DVI output graphic card (not onboard) to get that ratio displayed in its best possible way.

OP
spitfire

spitfire

Gizmo Freak !
Well I already have a nVidia 6600 GT 256 MB with HDTV/DVI-I/TV Out....thats why I am nagging for DVI !!!

BTW I've heard that in case of monitors that comes with both DVI & VGA generally comes with only VGA cable and the DVI cable have to be separately purcheased ???

HOw much do they cost ???

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom