help me out ive got a configeration problem

Status
Not open for further replies.

computer upgrader

Right off the assembly line
hi
i am an avid gamer first of all. and im planning to buy a new pc.So i want some help. Id appreciate it if somebody did. So guys pls do.
another thing is that i am not a guy who has loads to spend u no. At pressent i can only invest abt 25 000. max 27000. i know i wont get a dream pc but i want one which will give me the liberty to play the latest games.
so this is the config ive decided upon

AMD 2600+
ASUS MOTHERBOARD (AGP 8X)
40 GB HARD DISK
DVD ROM
CD RW
256 MB DDRRAM

NOW THE BIG PROBLEM is the graphics card. Like i said im a hadrd core gamer whos stuck with a lil cash .So guys i want the best graphics card that i can afford. It cant go above 5000. I might be able to strech it up to 6000. i know im asking the impossible.
i had deciced to go for Ge Force 4 Mx but i cant play splinter cell on it and some othwergames too.
in short i want help to descid which card to buy (max 6000 Rs) and i should be able to have a big game band width too. hope somebody can help me

A fellow Gamer

oldmonk

Broken In
heres a thought.

I bought an asus a7n8x-x MB and athlon 2000+

I bought 512 MB of 400mhz ddr sdram.

I overclocked the processor to athlon xp 2600+ levels and have been using it this way since more than a year woithout any probs.

See for yourself what the cost difference between a 2000+ xp and a 2600+xp is!!!
You should save around 2000 bucks.

Since i am overclocking by FSB i get better speed than the stock 2600+ xp!!!

I havent tried extreme over clocking , but now at close to 2000 mhz actual speed i think i can approach 2800 + speeds !!!
But the rig is rock stable at this setting. Temps never go above 45 Degrees. thanks to my 12 cm ac fan and a few other small fans.

So now if you decide to go this way--- your budget for graphics card of 5000 gets 2000 bucks more.

You can buy a geforce fx5700 - real cool card.

Or look around on bazee etc for a cheaper card with higher config!!!

Even if youre not comfy with overclocking, a better graphics card makes for better gaming than a better processor.

theraven

Technomancer
oldmonk thats a good idea .. but yet ... ppl ... ( including me) dont advice overclockin ... specially for ppl who arent that experienced ( or adventurous with their hardware )
well u can get a 5700 .. but yet ... dunno abt the card itself .. tho u will be able to play those games
that way ull be able to play games with an fx 5200 as well that costs ard 3k
then there's a ati radeon 9600 NON PRO version for 5k ...
mind u im just suggesting according to ur needs ... i dont recommend either of these cards
if somehow u get 8k to spend on the card get the radeon 9600 u wont regret it

stone cold

Broken In
look according to ur configuration first u beter take a combo drivr instead of dvd rom and cd rw it will cost u low. second u can go for ATI radeon 7000s series there are good and comes in ur pocket.

theraven

Technomancer
he wants a dx9 card
plus a combo drive will make a diff of a few hundreds
and dun recommend combo drives
its better to go for individual drives ... that way u can do a cd to cd copy too

theraven

Technomancer
hmmm
yet an external card would be better
but still thats a very good option ... get an nforce 3 ... save up some cash and go in for a 9600pro when u can for 8.5 k
good job suhas_sm

aadipa

Padawan
but i think he cannt use nForce 3 mobo with Athlon XP, he will need Athlon 64

btw nForce2 with onboard GeForce 4 MX and also a 8x AGP slot would be good buy, u can add the AGP card when u get enough $$ for it. and onboard GeForce 4 MX will perform similar to AGP version, maybe litter lower, but saves a lot of cash. u can add good amount of RAM and maybe go for Barton 2800+ or even higher

OP
C

computer upgrader

hey guys thanks a lot for helping a lot. but right now the battle has changed. Well my aunt gave me a few bucks. So now the battle is between Geforce Fx 5700 or ATi Radeon 9600 Xt So i think i will go for 5700. So do u think it will be worth it.

Nemesis

Wise Old Owl
yup radeon 9600 is a better option...dude pls get more ram...if u r a gamer, 256 aint enough-u cant play doom3 with so lil ram...

techjunkie47

yeah i agree with theraven and Nemesis go in for the at radeon 9600 XT much better and faster than the 5700 anytime

blade_runner

Cyborg Agent
computer upgrader said:
hey guys thanks a lot for helping a lot. but right now the battle has changed. Well my aunt gave me a few bucks. So now the battle is between Geforce Fx 5700 or ATi Radeon 9600 Xt So i think i will go for 5700. So do u think it will be worth it.

Well definitely the 9600XT and i can vouch for its performance !

theraven

Technomancer
ull get a 9600 128mb for ard 7k
all this depends on the company u go for too ...
in the 5700's vs 9600 i think the 9600 is better
still ur choice ;)

imgame

Broken In
well first of all as i wrote in another post .....these are the pair of cards that can be compared.....
1)9600 to 5700
2)9600 pro to 5700 LE
3)9600 XT to 5700 Ultra

clearly the last pair denote best performance category..

depending upon ur pocket .....and the games u want to play .....u can decide .....but i will vote for 9600xt as it has at par performance than 5700 ultra ...in all the DX games ....and if it is in behind in some OGL games(like doom3,rtcw ) it is not far behind....and it is very fast. compared all the other five !....

blade_runner

Cyborg Agent
imgame said:
well first of all as i wrote in another post .....these are the pair of cards that can be compared.....
1)9600 to 5700
2)9600 pro to 5700 LE
3)9600 XT to 5700 Ultra

clearly the last pair denote best performance category..

depending upon ur pocket .....and the games u want to play .....u can decide .....but i will vote for 9600xt as it has at par performance than 5700 ultra ...in all the DX games ....and if it is in behind in some OGL games(like doom3,rtcw ) it is not far behind....and it is very fast. compared all the other five !....

First of all welcome to the forum mate !

Second u got most of it right but u missed one......
2)9600 pro to 5700 LE

The 9600pro should be ideally compared with the 5700 pure version or the one that runs @ 425/550. Whereas the 9600np shud be compared with the fx5600 pure not the 5700LE as it is clocked @ 250/400 which is quite low imo. Even price wise comparision it is the same since the 5700LE costs 5.4k and the 9600np costs 6.8k. :D

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom