Help me!No rights to System administrator????!!

Did you ever had this kind of problem?

• Yes

Votes: 1 50.0%
  • No

Votes: 1 50.0%

• Total voters
Status
Not open for further replies.

Kiran.dks

Technomancer
Hi!
I have a strange problem. I recently restored my Laptop to the factory settings using in-built HP Recovery Console. At that time 'user' was system administrator. Now after restoring, 'Kiran' is the administrator. But I still see 'user' folder in c:\Documents and Settings. I can't access it nor delete it as a system administrator! Right click properties of 'user' shows 0kb. But avast! is scanning the files in the 'user'. The scan shows all the files which I stored before restoring to my factory settings! But no way to access or delete the profile. Please help me out..becoz it has simply eaten my hard disk space...... How can I delete the 'user' profile and its files?

Last edited:

Vishal Gupta

Microsoft MVP
I think u hv NTFS partition!
Try this:

1.) Right-click on the folder and select Properties.
2.) In "Security" tab, click on the "Add" button.
3.) Type the username "Kiran", and then click on OK.
4.) Now select the "Kiran" username in the list and select "Full Control" in Allow. At last click on Apply!

OP
Kiran.dks

Kiran.dks

Technomancer
Wonderful Vishal! It worked out! Thank you. I performed the steps you mentioned in 'safe mode'. In normal mode the 'security tab' is not visible. Then added 'Kiran' and gave it 'full control'. That didnot solve the problem. Still I could not gain complete access to the 'user' profile. It required taking ownership in the permissions tab. Then its over...complete access to 'user'. I recovered the lost data of 11GB!
Thank you once again Vishal.

sakumar79

Technomancer
I think you have WinXP home if you can see Security tab in safe mode only... In Win XP Pro, it is available in regular login also.

Arun

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom