Help me installing FC4

Status
Not open for further replies.

bsuresh_rjy

Right off the assembly line
I am unable to install FC4 on to my hdd as the system is restarting in the middle of the installation. I could not figure out the problem, as the system is restarting as if ctrl+alt+del is pressed in the middle, even though I didn`t touch the keyboard. My system configuration is AMD Athlon XP 2400+, 256MB ram, 40GB HDD, with Gigabyte M/B. I config section of the installation is going on fine, but when installing the packages, the system is rebooting...I tried even the text mode which asked me for the 2nd CD atleast, but rebooted again....Someone help me please.......

Vishal Gupta

Microsoft MVP
There r many bugs in FC4 installation...
U can read more about them in many topics in the forum.
Try other distributions!

OP
B

bsuresh_rjy

ThanQ for the reply....
But I had installed FC1 previously without any problem. I had nearly installed Fedora (except FC4) many times, but never got this problem....

mediator

Technomancer
FC4 is superduper one cool OS,lets say damn powerful !
I haven't seen any bugs yet in it!
neways for installation i think it might be memory problem, or lack of power supply and ventilation!
If u can..then start with blank hdd installation...so format the disk completely or just linux partition!

OP
B

bsuresh_rjy

ThanQ for the reply

I had cleanly formatted the linux partition including the grub bootloader....
And my system has very good ventilation... no problems yet and the temperature is showing at 50-53 C stable.... it never gone above...
I tried installing in the text mode too..... which has asked me atleast for the 2nd CD ... but it too rebooted in the middle.... I tried installing FC4 from HDD itself but the installation hanged at installing the kernel module......

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom