another window comes

now in the left side ther is wine and an insall button

when i click on install button it asks me for the ROOT login passowrd

now what is the password ?

i am using knoppix live

help me

rajas700

Youngling
The default root password is 12345 or 123456 for installing a software u must go for root only.And rpm package is like setup file in windows just double click in it .It will install.

desertwind

Cyborg Agent
rajas700 said:
The default root password is 12345 or 123456 for installing a software u must go for root only.And rpm package is like setup file in windows just double click in it .It will install.

Oops! I think there is no default root password for knoppix. And there was none when i was using it.

Q: What is the root password?

A: There is none; all passwords are locked/scrambled by default. You can set it by going Knoppix Menu->Root Shell and typing "passwd", then enterting a root password, also there are several sections you can read dealing with this subject in KNOPPIX/README_Security.txt. You can also type "sudo su" or "sudo -s" in any console window, or use <ctr>-<alt>-F2 to get at the text console with already opened root shell.

However, in some older versions of Knoppix, if you type 'sudo -s', it will ask for a password. If you simply press return without entering anything, it will tell you 'Authentication Failed."

Wiki on Root
Using FAQ

OP
M

mad

Broken In
ok now the password problem solved but a new problem arrised

"</wine/wine-20030618-1rh8winehq.i686.rpm';echo RESULT=$?
error: cannot open Packages index using db3 - No such file or directory (2)
error: cannot open Packages database in /var/lib/rpm
RESULT=1"

this hapens with every rpm package

help me to install it

desertwind

Cyborg Agent
well, i didnt tried installing softwares on knoppix yet. (i use it ver rarely). knoppix is a debian based machine. so deb packages will do. try converting rpm to deb using alien.
*freshmeat.net/projects/alien/

vandit

In the zone
well doesn't knoppix live come with a already working wine?....
also plz help me install it with suse..

vignesh

Wise Old Owl
Knoppix has no root password and wine comes by default with knoppix.Just rightclick the .exe file and click open with and type wine.It should work.If not configure wine just running the command wine (Alt+F2)

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom