Help me in assembling a Dual-core Machine

Status
Not open for further replies.

Ankur Gupta

Wandering in time...
Can u plz help me in assembling a new dual-core rig(only CPU) suggesting me the prices and specs?i am open 2 both AMD and Intel options so wat do u think is the better option right now?also how much are the prices expected 2 fall in the next 3 months?please quote the prices of the components u suggest.thaanx :wink:

mohit

The Hardware Labs
Intel Pentium D 2.8 Ghz costs only 12,500/- bucks and AMD 4200-X2 is for around 26,500/- ..the most important criteria is your budget buddy. AMD is the way to go if you want perfomance and Intel if just need your pc to be dual core. The prices will surely fall but nobody can predict exactly when. Dual core is still just gaining ground as there aren't many apps that benefit from it. I dont think prices will really shatter until the release of Windows Vista / dual core usable games /software etc all of which will surely be multithreaded and allow you to use your dual core processor to its full potential. Only then will people see some real perfomance gain. this is just my prediction.

G

gxsaurav

unless u need to work on workstation application, u don't need or benifit from dual core, no games are optimised for it either

if possible, get a Athlon64 3800+ X2, but if u can live without dual core, then get Athlon64 3500+ & Overclock

rachitboom2

Ambassador of Buzz
gxsaurav said:
unless u need to work on workstation application, u don't need or benifit from dual core, no games are optimised for it either

if possible, get a Athlon64 3800+ X2, but if u can live without dual core, then get Athlon64 3500+ & Overclock

Yaa well said as there currently is no game as such that can utilize dual core processing.

May be in the future there may be some such games but that will take a long time !!!
Still if you are a gamer you can definately go for it !!!

OP
Ankur Gupta

Ankur Gupta

Wandering in time...
I actually want 2 assemble a machine tht is future proof.applications and games utilizing dual core processing power will come out some time or other.as i plan not 2 upgrade for atleasr 3-4 yrs i thought i might go for a dual core rig.also the price mentioned above for the intel processor is for pentium D 820 or 830?also which motherboard wud u suggest for the intel rig?also how much ram should i opt for and how much will it cost?i have a budget of 30K.

G

gxsaurav

even then it's not requird, i would say that u buy a AMD athlon64 single core PC, as u can buy a thlon64 4800+ X2 3 years later, when u really need it at a really low price compared to today

mohit

The Hardware Labs
30k for a dual core machine ??? dats too less dude. is 30k only the budget for the procc and mobo n ram ??

see,
intel pentium d 820 - 12.5k
Intel/Asus 945/955 board - around 8-10k
ddr2 667 mhz 512mb - around 3-4 k (not sure)

or else amd,
amd 3800 x2 - around 20k (not sure)
asus a8n-e - around 5200/-
512*2 DDR 400 - around 5,500/-

OP
Ankur Gupta

Ankur Gupta

Wandering in time...
if i do go for a single core machine will i get i gud rig(only cpu) for 30K?if yes pls suggest both intel and amd options with prices.

mohit

The Hardware Labs
u can try getting the athlon 64 fx processors for around 30k .. they are the best of the best.

G

gxsaurav

hmm, Athlon64 FX is good but uber costly

in my opinion, for a budget of 30,000, u can buy a Athlon64 3500+ Venice with Asus A8N-E motherboard, & 1 GB kingston or hynix RAM, even then u will save money

rachitboom2

Ambassador of Buzz
gxsaurav said:
hmm, Athlon64 FX is good but uber costly

in my opinion, for a budget of 30,000, u can buy a Athlon64 3500+ Venice with Asus A8N-E motherboard, & 1 GB kingston or hynix RAM, even then u will save money

But then will it be future proof as mentioned by ankurgupta.me, I dont thik it will be able to last more than 2-3 yrs even after geting a good GFX card !!!

mohit

The Hardware Labs
2-3 years is what is called future proof dude.. even if it lasts 2 years it is to be called future proof. technology is changing at such a fast rate that its hard to find stuff that will be future proof for even a year now.

Aniruddh

Ambassador of Buzz
exactly i agree with mohit.new proc and mobo is being launched every month or 2 so nothing can b future proof.at MAX it can b for for a year or 2.

@mohit i dont think 925 chipset support dual core proc :wink: ,correct me if i m wrong. :lol:

yogi7272

Cyborg Agent
although amd dual core performs better .. its costly right now .. better go with intel as costs are not that high ... also opt for Asus P5N32-SLI Deluxe-
best motherboard for intel processors right now .. :lol: and go for ddr 2 667 memory if possible :lol:

G

gxsaurav

intel will run very hot, & again their dual core gives less performance then AMD dual core

rachitboom2

Ambassador of Buzz
mohit said:
2-3 years is what is called future proof dude.. even if it lasts 2 years it is to be called future proof. technology is changing at such a fast rate that its hard to find stuff that will be future proof for even a year now.

Hey I have already mentioned that even if he gets a good GFX card afterwards, so I think getting a new GFX card increases the life of a PC atleast one year or so as you dont have to suffer while playing games as to set settings for fast game play or for good GFX !!!

hummer

Journeyman
2-3 yrs??? only thing that might last that long is an alienware system. 2yrs down the thing ll run like a compromise.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom