HELP ME GUYS...

Status
Not open for further replies.

SWEET SNEHA

Journeyman
Hi guys,
U gotta help me. I recently brought SE K300i. The fone is simply awasome.
I am a newbie in this area. So don't laugh if my Question seems silly.
Comming to the .(point), it has the option to connect to the net. But whenever I try to connect it gave error
and displays "CONNECTION FAILED". I hv an AIRTEL connectoin and downloaded the setting of
".AIRTEL LIVE". Even after that the problem is there. Wat shd I do?? Maybe the Question is simple but I
dunno wat to do. Please help. I can connect "AIRTEL LIVE" by dialing 646 but couldn't connect to the net using the inbuilt browser.

gauravnawani

Journeyman
Airtel have a pretty bad service when it comes to using Internet. I had activated the same, and for sometime it worked fine, but after few months it giva the same connection faliure. I have to contact the tecs for checking out the problem but most of the time they say the network is down.

At best you can contact the tech, guys and ask then to look into the problem.

mohit

The Hardware Labs
ohh the damsel is in distress .... lol. .. now coming to the .(point) there is obviously no prb with ur handset .. take it to ur nearest airtel connect and they shud sort out the prob with the settings ... actually u cant blame them for the poor service ... poor chaps how can they just keep up with the new fones being lauched every day ? .... anyways hope u get connected soon.

expertno.1

Technomancer
well here the setting dude
use GPPRS instead of DATA
in the wap menu
GPRS info

APN- Airtelgprs.com
call no. - *99#
username- 91urphoneno.
password- blank
profile - Mobile Office

expertno.1

Technomancer
u r worong

gauravnawani said:
Airtel have a pretty bad service when it comes to using Internet. I had activated the same, and for sometime it worked fine, but after few months it giva the same connection faliure. I have to contact the tecs for checking out the problem but most of the time they say the network is down.

At best you can contact the tech, guys and ask then to look into the problem.

u r wrong
i have airtel and internt is a buzz
both for wap and Internet
use some tweaking also dude and increase ur performance also
its working gr8 for the last 2 months

gauravnawani

Journeyman
mohit said:
actually u cant blame them for the poor service ... poor chaps how can they just keep up with the new fones being lauched every day
This is outright bogus comment I ever heared, do you mean they are incompetent??. Friend if you have a little knowledge that most service providers get a copy of each phone mostly before their release in the market. So they are ready for each phone present in the market unless its from some wierd Chinese make or you bought it from overseas.

expertno.1 said:
u r wrong
i have airtel and internt is a buzz
both for wap and Internet

It certainly worked for about 2-3 months and then poof!. So 'DUDE' I am NOT wrong and I stand corrected. I had contacted the techs many time over and its was very lethargic but standard response.

BTW I live in Bangalore. May be in your city milage may vary.

expertno.1

Technomancer
yes i think this is due to distance
coz in my city only few ppl use airtel gprs

so this may be a cause of less traffic than yours

OP
SWEET SNEHA

SWEET SNEHA

Journeyman
Well I am very new to this so I couldn't understand how to do this.^^^
Right now I am in Chennai so there shd be no connection problem.
Will changing my simcard from A!RTEL TO HUTCH help???
I mean does Hutch hv better connectivity and better service.
Well no offend meant but MOHIT is somewhat correct. When I told
their CSE that i hv SE k300i, they said they don't hv any database 'bout this fone and its compactiblity.
C'mon, it was released a long time ago and they don't hv the database.What can i say???

UPDATE:I think so, cause the CSE told me that we can only connect to Airtelworld.com or something like that. Can't connect to any other website. Cudn't understand why they don't provide GPRS service.
My friend told me that Hutch provodes the Service but at Rs.99/pm. Its too much.
But is it true. How do u guys(mohit and expert no.1) surf through net if they don't provide
GPRS servise(CSE told me). I am getting confused!!!!!!!!!!!!

CSE=Customer Service Executive

mohit

The Hardware Labs
@gauravnawani

plz read this

their CSE that i hv SE k300i, they said they don't hv any database 'bout this fone and its compactiblity.
C'mon, it was released a long time ago and they don't hv the database.What can i say???

now wht do u say dude ?

@ sneha
well i use the net using a reliance fwp and not gprs ... sorry i wont be able to help u in this regard. and y do u keep changing ur avatar ? and ur warning is scary ...lol.

OP
SWEET SNEHA

SWEET SNEHA

Journeyman
mohit said:
@gauravnawani

@ sneha
well i use the net using a reliance fwp and not gprs ... sorry i wont be able to help u in this regard. and y do u keep changing ur avatar ? and ur warning is scary ...lol.

Cause I think its no good to hide myself like a coward.
I am not going to entertain such crazy pms anymore.

cheetah

In the zone
Some handsets require proper software for GPRS connectivity...like for using GPRS with C100 u need Easy GPRS or u have to enter some text string in modem options......

cyberia.in

In the zone
airtel live sometimes works correct with masala setiings

also, u can try proxy 100.299.0.1 port 8080 if ur phone supports it

gauravnawani

Journeyman
mohit said:
now wht do u say dude ?
I still stand corrected, I have used GPRS and browsed many WAP sites on my mobile, downloaded games. At the time I bought my Erricsson T230 it was brand new model in April-May2004 or some thing.

They (Airtel) had the database of it and they did enable GPRS within two days, but due to 'network problems' (CSE constantly used this as an excuse) I was not able to access the GPRS. But about a week later their supposdely network problems were sorted out and I was able to access the net for few months.

And my Ericsson did not required me to change any settings or install any software. It just worked after installing the 'Airtel LIVE'

SWEET SNEHA said:
Right now I am in Chennai so there shd be no connection problem.
Will changing my simcard from A!RTEL TO HUTCH help???
I mean does Hutch hv better connectivity and better service.
No offence taken, the thing is that area wise functioning of same organization varies. Huch is better but at a cost, my friends says so, but I have never personaly used HUCH so I cant comment on that.

In the end I will repeat myself you have to ask them few times, may be you can get through to a better knowledged CSE. They are also of various types :) down from ones who do what is written and the ones who are 'geeks'.

best of luck.

himtuna

Journeyman
HEY SWEET SNEHA
YUO NOW THE COST OF RUNNING INTERNET ON THE GPRS ENABLED PHONE SO THERE IS NO POINT IN SEARCHING THE SETTINGS. EVEN THE SERVICE THAT ANYONE AIRTEL, HUTCH OR RELIANCE PROVIDE FOR BROWSING ON A PHONE IS DEFINETELY SLOW MIND"BLOWING". YOU WOULD HAVE A HAPPY BROWSING TIME ONLY IF YOU HAVE A TOUCH SCREEN PHONE
WELL IT WILL TAKE TIME TO EXPLORE WHERE EVER WE WANT. FOR NOW I AM ALSO EGARLY WAITING FOR THESE SERVICES TO BECOME CHEAP AND RELIABLE.
I BOUGHT i-mate phone 2 A WINDOWS BASED TRI BAND PHONE AND HAD HUTCH CONNECTION ABOUT THREE MONTHS BACK. WELL I DIDN'T HAD ANY PROBLEM IN FINDING THE SETTINGS. CALL THE HUTCH CARE ASK FOR THE SETTINGS. THEY WILL POST YOU OR SMS YOU OR SIMPLY WALK INTO THE HUTCH CENTRE AT C.P (DELHI).
HORRIBLE THE SPEED OF INTERNET WAS TO SLOW.
HORRIBLE MY BILL DOUBLED WITHIN ONE WEAK OF USE.
WAIT AND JUST WAIT!

collinsangelo

Right off the assembly line
Well I am also living in chennai and i happen to know something about your trouble.

let me tell you first that you can have gprs for Rs.99 in Hutch. but the downloading and stuff costs :) ,anyway you can use free sites..

2 weeks back one of my friend bought hucht connection and he was telling me that for the past two days gprs was giving him some trouble. so i would advice you to enquire about the gprs from the retailer before buying.

Airtel is a little heavy on your pocket.. In chennai airtel gprs is not free. but in rest of the places its free.. i think one more disadvantage with airtel in chennai is that you cant go to any other site than airtel's.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom