Help Me Deciding Forum Software !!!

Status
Not open for further replies.

Manil

Right off the assembly line
I Want To Make A Forum For My College.well My Requirements Are As Ff:

1)should Be The Fastest To Load

2)should Have Gud Looks.

3)easy To Use Admin Panel And Also For The Users.

So Frnds Which One Out Of Vbulletin,ipb,smf Or Phpbb Do U Suggest ?

iMav

The Devil's Advocate
vb costly .... phpbb3 beta but awesome i recommend it more than any other simply coz its open source .... smf is another option

vb - if u got the cash
phpbb3 - no cash

alsiladka

Noobie Pro
You could also think about IPB. If it is college's forum, will the college pay? Or you can also take a contri from every student?

Ricky

Cyborg Agent
new phpBB is ok and its I think with EASY mod preinstalled means.. can install modification without doing any modifications..
phpBB3 can now stand with other boards available.

Last edited:

Ricky

Cyborg Agent
If you are thinking to run community website then be one step away from Drupal becz its forums are junk.. but if you decide to use other forum software with drupal then its fine.

iMav

The Devil's Advocate
wait for olympus to go full and final .... till then dont go live with it .... as far as smf is concerned .... na not my choice .... out of ipb and vb ... i'd go for vb

champ_rock

champ_rock
ipb is very low
vb is great and the best if u have got the money

otherwise in free alternatives:
1. phpbb- great .. download the phpbb fully modded edition and it will contain most of the mods automatically installed :)
2. smf: great if u dont plan to have a lot of mods.. just a basic and simple forum software

saurabh.sauron

Ambassador of Buzz
phpbb3. i cant rate it highly enough. vb is too costly (Rs. 7000) plus u need a host that allows hosting of paid software (or ur own server). phpBB rulez in every way for me.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom