help me choose my Mobile phone

Status
Not open for further replies.

iinfi

mekalodu
hi friends
i am planning to buy a new mobile. My minimum requirement is a GPRS facility.
can u suggest a good phone of either Samsung,Nokia or LG or Simens brand in the price range of Rs.4000-5000.
Can I get a colour phone in that range with GPRS.

what do they actually mean by Class 8 and Class 10.
Will I have to pay the service provider as per my usage.(ie every time I visit a website will I have to pay extra)

plz do reply
thanks
regards
arvind.

Ethan_Hunt

Aspiring Novelist
Oh God this has been answered like a thousand times.....search a little mate....anyways if ur range is 4,000 to 5,000 then go for Samsung C100 (atleast thats what i have) it will cost ya Rs.5,000 approx or may be less as a basic Gprs Phone or try Nokia 3100 but the Resolution is 4,600 colours compared to Samsung's C100 65K screen....or if u add in a few extra bucks u can get a excellent Nokia N-Gage With all the features u need for Rs.7,000.....Don't go in for Lg And Siemen's piece as they have very less re-sale value if u want to try...go for LG G5300 dun know about its cost as such but its was quite excellent in Design....

Class 8 And Class 10 Hummmm......dun know mate :shock: .....

Well if u Activate ur Gprs Service (Assuming Hutch Orange Prepaid) then the surfing charges are absolutley Free and the downloads are charged As Rintones and wallpapers Rs.10 Respectively....well free downloadable sites too are available.... :wink: So Go ahead Happy Purchasing. :D

drgrudge

Another Brick in the Wall
allwyndlima said:
or if u add in a few extra bucks u can get a excellent Nokia N-Gage With all the features u need for Rs.7,000.....
hmm will u buy one for me for 7k?where can u get?

SmoothCriminal

In the zone
No idea abt a Nokia color phone for 4-5k.. u can get Motorola C350 for this with GPRS.. And for your clarification reg GPRS classification:

*www.wordiq.com/definition/GPRS

OP
iinfi

iinfi

mekalodu
thanks again friends for your nice replies ....
thanks prashay .. i have already read the july 2004 issue of the DIGIT Magazine ...but feel its become 3 months old in this fast changing mobile revolution :) ....
thanks abhijeet for your Sony Ericssion T230 option ...
Can anyone tell me the current market price of T230 in Mumbai ??
some say its Rs.4999 .... is it correct? i will have a look @ N3100
regards
arvind

Hey tell u wat most of the cell phones are good.
But the main problem is that orange is the best for gprs and i hav had most of the best brands of cells with me .
Only nokia seemz to work gr8 if u want to use gprs at its full potential.
try these sites for cell review www.mobileburn.com
If u by any chance come go to vileparle east go to a store called Alfa at irla road.they alwayz hav the best offer in cell phones.

Abhijit_T

Journeyman
And don't believe the fact that Nokia is best for GPRS
As far as I've heard, SE have best connectivity in terms of infrared,bluetooth,WAP and GPRS
I've tried infrared,bluetooth and GPRS on my T610,and I can guarantee u its better than any Nokia

OP
iinfi

iinfi

mekalodu
hi friends
thank you very much for helping me buy my mobile ... .i have finally decided to buy Sony T230 which costs about 5k ..... it has an attachable camera option also which i feel i can buy later also .... I WOULD LIKE TO KNOW IF THE PHOTOS WHICH I HAVE SHOT WITH MY MOBILE CAMERA CAN BE LOADED INTO MY PC WITH A USB OR SERIAL CABLE ... THE WEBSITE CLAIMS THAT IT SUPPORTS "USB" AND "SERIAL CABLE" ...... DOES JUST E-MAILING FROM THE PHONE ALSO REQUIRE GPRS SUBSCRIPTION ???

regards
arvind

Abhijit_T

Journeyman
Good choice mate, welcome to the world of Sony Ericsson
But don't buy the addon camera
Even though I'm a SE fanboy(and proud of it),I have to say the camera is crap
And yes, emailing requires GPRS

koolbluez

Šupər♂ - 超人
Guys... me 2 need the latest prices for a high resolution cam. phone 800x600+... with an optimal price... I heard of Nokia7200, but it costs 1/4 of a lakh... is there anythin better, with all features..flash..high shutter speeds.. price in that range ok. not higher...please reply asap... thx

Nemesis

Wise Old Owl
what u need is a megapixel camera phone...try the nokia 7610....or the sony ericsson S700/S710....but again, these phones r gonna b expensive...7200 is a crappy phone...

koolbluez

Šupər♂ - 超人
sorry yaar, me 2 was talkin of Nokia 7610... Galti se Mistake ho gaya... By the way, Nemi... How much does an S700..S710.. cost?

By thw way...tnx 4 the reply...

And the message u gave... isn't stupid... u seem 2 b humility at it's best.... OR IS IT TRUE :-O

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom