help me choose command and conquer game

Status
Not open for further replies.

dashang

Journeyman
I know command and conquer : red alert will work gr8 in my pc. Is there any better version of command and conquer
i have : P3 processor with 868 MHz and 256 Mb of ram and 19 GB hardisk
Reply soon

rajasekharan

Youngling
red alert 2, red alert 2 -yuris revenge . . dune 2000, emperor battle for dune (both from westwood) . tiberium sun ,tiberium sun-firestorm :). all will work on p3

bikdel

Alpha Geek Banned
^^ that'll put his mood off dude, let him be happy :D

well more than the proccy i guess he has an i810e...
IMO start out with the older titles to understand the game sequels :)

I guess tiberium related ones will fascinate anybody...

view this to get a hint of all titles. may are there but are under the classification as follows :

*Tiberian
*Red Alert
*Generals
*The first decade

come more are also there

See here: *en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Command_and_conquer
there in See Also you will get a list of all

IMO Start playing with the first of Tiberian series. :)
then after you complete the ones that work on ur PC, it ll be time to upgrade :D

regards
bikalp

OP
dashang

dashang

Journeyman
Guys , i think C&C:generals will get hang on my PC. I have heard somewhere about "Red alert 2". Will it work without lagging in my PC. If someone has demo link for "Red alert 2" please reply

My pc config:
P3 processor with 868 MHz
128 MB of RAM
19GB HDD

OP
dashang

dashang

Journeyman
I think C&C3 : Red alert2 will work good in my PC. I searched full google , msn and also C&C official site ,but i didnt find demo of RA2.
So, someone please find demo of Red alert 2 and link it and reply soon

rajasekharan

Youngling
i dont know where you can find demo...but , you can ask the shops for the dvd..;)

which includes full set

by the way , i have red alert2, and yuris revenge

also the original disk of tiberuim sun and firestorm

generals and zero hour.....(i hate it), any ways i dont have the disk of generals or may be i have some where , anyways , i did not like that ...:(

OP
dashang

dashang

Journeyman
If i buy game Cd and then game doesnt works than and i have winXP sp3 , so i have to see how demo work and i want to download demo first

bikdel

Alpha Geek Banned
sp3 isnt released yet.. the RC1 has just been out to beta testers ;)

and yes i played Red Alert 2 on a computer similar to yours...
It had i810e integrated graphics motherboard... with Celeron 500 Mhz and 64 MB RAM. the game did not lag at all...

and please, why are you giving the Processor, Ram and Hard disk space to us???

It is the graphics which matters MOST, tell us which graphics card you have or which integrated graphics you have... and no need to tell us your hard disk space .. :)

rajasekharan

Youngling
well proc speed is an imp factor . . as a slow one means a definite lag . in c&c red alert and tiberium sun and firestorm your graphic card dont matter at all as those work with onboard . and yes hdd space dont matter much . but these days when hdd gets filled with songs , movies and games taking 10 gb to install , that matters too :-(. i hate computers ;-)

oh , and if you are much concerned about the price of original disk . . there are other alternatives ;-)

Last edited:

Zeeshan Quireshi

C# Be Sharp !
dashang said:
I think C&C3 : Red alert2 will work good in my PC. I searched full google , msn and also C&C official site ,but i didnt find demo of RA2.
So, someone please find demo of Red alert 2 and link it and reply soon
Red Laert 2 is grreat , u should buy it this instant .

bikdel

Alpha Geek Banned
nah... a p2 proccy runs the game without lags.. look at its min requirements ;)

its gfx solution thats important..

My friend had a P3 1GHz with SiS GFX card and the game did not run at all..

im saying if the guy has onboard i810e (the oldest onboard that made a difference ;) ) then the game will surely work.. but if he has some SIS gfx card then it may not work...

also most of the latest games run on my Celeron 2.4 Ghz proccy.. so GFX is more bottleneck than proccy in games ;)

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom