Help me Buying a Hometheatre / Music System

Status
Not open for further replies.

moshel

Padawan
Hey guys i want to buy a home theatre / Music system, i have a budget of 15k extendable upto 16k.

after having a preliminary look around i have narrowed it down to the following 3

1. Sony DAV - DZ100 Link

I chose this because this one wud give a surround sound effect becos of 5.1 channel system. costs arnd 16K

2. Sony MHC-GNZ5D Link

I chose this cos its a DVD player and also has cassette player and FM in it. but this model i chose particularly cos my frnd said its nice, and also cos its Sony. have to check out its demo still. costs 15K

3. Philips FWD 39/21M Link

I chose this becos its a bit cheaper than Sony, has a cassette player and FM too. and the sound quality is good too. costs 13.5K

but as for the 2nd and 3rd one do u guys think that it wont have the same surround effect as that of the first 1(because it has 5.1 speakers)?

one more reason to go for the 2nd or 3rd option is that as far as i knw, the speakers of the 1st one cant be used while watching TV. it can be only used while watching the DVD. while in a Hi-Fi system i can use its speakers even when im watching just the TV. which give me more postives to buy a Hi-Fi system.

mayanksharma

Ambassador of Buzz
go with DAV-DZ100 for an overall quality system.
else take Philips FWD 39/21M.Try listening your selected music on these two speakers.You will then know why i am telling you to go with these.

OP
moshel

moshel

Padawan
I took a look at the demo of Sony MHC-GNZ5D but was not very happy with it. also the sony DAV - DZ100 i saw and its a gr8 system. the sound is very nice and clear. but my mom says not to buy the DZ100 cos we have a small room and i wont be able to keep the volume high at all times. so at low volumes there m8 be some problems in listening. but i didnt get to check the demo for the FWD 39/21M. i had gone to the same place as yesterday, they had it then and today it was sold off.....lol

and she also insists on a music system becos of cassette/FM player.

so anyway for now the Sony MHC-GNZ5D is out of question.

anybody else has any suggestions, pls tell.

ymhatre

Ambassador of Buzz
Go for DAV - DZ120 K having same prize....
currently i own it...
its great
BTW if u can get philips Lx600 then go fo it...they are at 11.5K (approx) n do have good sound..... along with th u will have to buy philips DVD player....thus overall cost goes to 15k but i think Lx600 r out of stock....
Had u seen samsung home theatres.... just google it...
they hav usb option along with them also r consireably cheap...
BUt nothing like trust of SONY.....

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom