Help me buy a MP3 Player below 3k

Status
Not open for further replies.

shivkumar

>>>>>Monkey Power
Hi,

I want to buy a cheap but good quality MP3 player. My budget is around 3k. I don't plan to buy any separate earbuds or so. So the bundled one should be atleast decent. FM radio is a must with display. Don't require video player in it. Should have good battery life. If any one from Cochin, he/she can also tell me where to buy.
BTW, I want it with bill and warranty.

Please reply

yogeshm.007

The real Bond
Try Transcend-T.Sonic 615; I think it got good review from digit (cant say for sure) and is well within your budget (2GB one).

ray|raven

Think Zen.
Samsung U3.
One of my friends has it and it has pretty much the best sound i've heard from a sub 3k player.

OP
shivkumar

shivkumar

>>>>>Monkey Power
Creative Zen Stone. If you need Video too, Get the Transcend Tsonic 840 4GB.

I have also heard a lot about Creative Zen Stone, I may buy it. Can you give some insight on performance of Transcend Tsonic 840 and how about its cost.

guys i heard that creative zen stone has video too, i also wanted an mp4 player below 3k asked a dealer over phone, not yet seen.

OP
shivkumar

shivkumar

>>>>>Monkey Power
guys i heard that creative zen stone has video too, i also wanted an mp4 player below 3k asked a dealer over phone, not yet seen.

No, Creative Zen stone doesn't have video playing option.

Actually, I want to get some input and help in deciding over which is most value for money mp3 player.

Guys, give me some more input... I am still undecided.

desiibond

Bond, Desi Bond!
1) Sansa Clip
2) Creative Zen Stone Plus (it has tiny 3 line monochome OLED display. how can that play video)

OP
shivkumar

shivkumar

>>>>>Monkey Power
1) Sansa Clip
2) Creative Zen Stone Plus (it has tiny 3 line monochome OLED display. how can that play video)

Sandisk is not known for its audio performance, may be Sansa Clip is better now. Which one out of Sansa Clip and Zenstone Plus gives better sound quality specially in bass.

dOm1naTOr

Wise Old Owl
techtree.com has lots of MP3 player reviews with Indian prices. But look for the date before u fall of the seats. Older prices was more than double.

They say Transcent players have decent quality, but the bundled earphones is just a piece of st1t. If u have a good pair of headphones, i wud recommend transcent, due to its vfm.

OP
shivkumar

shivkumar

>>>>>Monkey Power
techtree.com has lots of MP3 player reviews with Indian prices. But look for the date before u fall of the seats. Older prices was more than double.

They say Transcent players have decent quality, but the bundled earphones is just a piece of st1t. If u have a good pair of headphones, i wud recommend transcent, due to its vfm.

I didn't find Techtree review very good, however I have googled and did some search on other web sites.
I have finalized the four options as : -
1. Sandisk Sansa Clip 2 GB
2. Transcend T.Sonic 630 2 GB
3. Creative Zen stone plus 2 GB
4. Transcend T.Sonic 840 4 GB.

Reviews state that Transcend T.Sonic 840 gives upto 30 hrs of battery backup . (Thats really neat). I may go if i get it below 3.5k.

However, if any suggestions are there, please tell me fast, i am going to buy tomorrow evening.

praka123

left this forum longback
I think you are not native from Kochi?true? :D
In that case ,go to Penta Menaka with a friend(a must!because you feel pathetic with these bloody goonda sellers there! :D ) and there are lot and lots of shops to count.also in opposite GCDA complex ,there are even more shops.

Personally I had bought from some singaapore shop in penta menaka kinda OK :)

if the mp3 player comes in box,always look for date of manufacture.

EP-630 may be tough to get.you may see "cellular world" shop in penta menaka :) .also try these malls - Esplanade,bay pride mall(marine drive near gcda) ,Kaloor(near Mathrubhumi).

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom