Help me build a PC under 70 - 80K

Status
Not open for further replies.

piyushp_20

Geekologist
Hi guys

I am planning to buy a high end PC.
My budget is under Rs.70-80K

Please suggest me the best configuation.
My main purpose is Gaming and super fast computing.

saurav29

Waiting for 3 Miracles...
go SLI and Quad core intel (Even core 2 duo will do), or dual core AMD absolutley rocks man buy sata2 or sata 3 hdd per (2 in number) and go for raid 5 to config the hdds and graphics cards 2 in number should be atleast 7300 GT or GS perrably with DDR3 rams, buy a pair of 1gb RAMs DDR2 atleast... if going over budget opt for pair of 512MB's instead... 16X DVD writer either ASUS or Sony..... Any decent Keyboard and atleast logitec mx310 mouse...... 17" or 19" (W)TFT samsung, LG , SOny (all have response time of 12ms)whichever appeals to you and seems affordable....
And MOST Important thing...........
Go for 500watts powersupply powersafe or local whichever you can afford and instead of cute looking cabinets assemble it in a big spaciuos and airy cabinet alternately you can also put one extra ventilation fan, though you should take care not to attach too many fans as above config will be power hungry and you will need all the power you can get.....
This should take care of a PC you can game with in 70 to 80K
hope it helps ya
though this is not the best but works for me.............
Peace
Raj

wizrulz

GUNNING DOWN TEAMS
piyushp_20 said:
Hi guys

I am planning to buy a high end PC.
My budget is under Rs.70-80K

Please suggest me the best configuation.
My main purpose is Gaming and super fast computing.

AMD BASED=>
Athlon 64 X2 4400+ (65nm,2.3GHz,512KB L2 cache,2GHz HT bus,AM2) Rs10300
ASUS M2N32-SLI DLX Rs11500
250 GB SATA2 Rs3600
DDR2 2 x 1gb 667Mhz more if available 6K x 2
2 x 256 MB NVIDIA GF 6600 GT DDR3 Rs6000 make it SLI
SAMSUNG 19'' 940BW Rs14500/SAMSUNG 17" 740N Rs10400
DVD WRITER BENQ 2K
CREATIVE INSPIRE 5.1 Rs3800
MERCURY GAMEPAD Rs650
GOOD zebronics cabinet + 600W PSU=> 5K

drvarunmehta

Wise Old Owl
C2D E6600 16k
MSI P965 Neo4 6.5k
Transcend 2 GB DDR2667 RAM 10k
Seagate 250GB SATA2 HDD 3.8k
Asus/BenQ DVD writer 2k
Samsung 940BW 14.5k
Sapphire Radeon X1950Pro 14.5
Cabinet+Antec 500W PSU 5k
Logitech cordless kbd+mouse 1.7k
Creative Inspire 5.1 3.8k

Total Rs. 77,800

sam9s

The High 5 Flyer
C2D 6600 ....OC it to 4Ghz
P5B Delux Wifi or Gigabyte DQ6 (Awsome board)
7900 GTX
2 GB Transcend 800 Mhz RAM
PSU 500W with a cooling system if OC to 4 Ghz

rest you choose anything...the above 4 are sufficient enough to make a "Pump up the jam" kinda system.

wizrulz

GUNNING DOWN TEAMS
is not 6600GT in SLI gona give better performance than the suggested by u?? wanna verify
7900 GTX
2 GB Transcend 800 Mhz RAM
PSU 500W with a cooling system if OC to 4 Ghz

rest you choose anything...the above 4 are sufficient enough to make a "Pump up the jam" kinda system.

WIth 4Ghz...he might need a very good cooling system....isnt it???

Last edited:

sam9s

The High 5 Flyer
wizrulz said:
is not 6600GT in SLI gona give better performance than the suggested by u?? wanna verify

Nope 7900GTX is an awsome performer even better than 7950GT. SLI usually does not give you much better performence per price. Its more of an upgrade option rather than a move towards a high end gaming system.

WIth 4Ghz...he might need a very good cooling system....isnt it???
A decent cooling system will do. Check this out.

*www.coolermaster.com/index.ph...20/ R1 20

caleb

Ambassador of Buzz
How come no one suggested NVidia 8800, the only dx10 compatible card?...it costs Rs.34000/-

Edburg

In the zone
I would recommend to buy a single more powerful graphic card than 2 less powerful cards in SLI.Both cost wise and performance wise a single powerful card is always better.Besides there are some games which really dont make use of 2 cards.

C2d E6600 - 15000 approx
Good overclocking mobo from asus or gogabyte -10000
Ram - 2*1 GB from good company - 9000
2*160 GB SATA2 - 5500
19" TFT - 14000
Rest accessories are ur choice

abhipal

Journeyman
Graphics Card : Don't go for Dx9 Cards. Buy Dx10 Card 8800. If doesn't fit in budget wait for a month or two (atleast untill Dx10 is out).

sam9s

The High 5 Flyer
caleb said:
How come no one suggested NVidia 8800, the only dx10 compatible card?...it costs Rs.34000/-

34000/- is way too expensive, you have to wait ATLEAST 8 months maybe even more untill the card comes under any affordable range. There are not even any games on DX10 currently. I'd say go for 7900 and upgrade to 8800 maybe year and a half later. By the time the card would be much under range and there would be lots of game on DX10 as well to enjoy.

LOL...what difference would come in a 34000 card in two months.....

Last edited:

abhipal

Journeyman
sam9s said:
LOL...what difference would come in a 34000 card in two months.....
Sorry for my mistake. I was saying that wait for a month or two by then some new Dx10 cards can come in market

Kniwor

Learner
My suggestion

C2D E6600 ~ 14.5k
ASUS P5B or Gigabyte GA-P965-DS3 ~ 8.5k
2x1Gb DDR2 667Mhz Transcend ~ 10k
Sony 120C ~ 1900
19" TFT (this is your choice) ~ 14k

Hard disk is again your choice, but I'd suggest a Raid 1 setup for higher performance.

I will NOT suggest a DX10 card now, reason?
well firstly most processors available now are not up to the power of 8800, so u will not see any noticable difference from a 7950GT, and secondly, a 7950 will push all the frame rates you require on a 19" screen, you need a more powerful processor and a bigger screen to make use of the power of an 8800, secondly, they are very costly now, with not much DX10 usage now, it makes no sense, better is get a 7950 now and then, sell it and get a 8800 when DX10 apps are out or u planning on getting another, larger screen. That time these cards will be a lot cheaper, especially after R600 cards roll out.

sam9s

The High 5 Flyer
Kniwor said:
I'd suggest a Raid 1 setup for higher performance.

Raid 1 is not for better performance Raid 0 is. Raid 1 is for better data security, as against Raid 0 which becomes a bit non reliable but with better performance.

firstly most processors available now are not up to the power of 8800
You must be kidding all current processors are well pumped up to handle 8800 easily. you dont know what you are saying.

Kniwor

Learner
Read performance is same as in Raid 0 setup, read can be done from both the disks, one is a mirror image of other.

drvarunmehta

Wise Old Owl
Kniwor said:
Read performance is same as in Raid 0 setup, read can be done from both the disks, one is a mirror image of other.
Thats completely untrue. RAID 1 is slower than a single HDD due to CPU overhead involved and RAID 0 is much faster than a single HDD because half the data is stored on each HDD.

Why would you recommend RAID 1 for a gaming rig? RAID 0, I can understand but why on earth RAID one?

Last edited:

Kniwor

Learner
sam9s said:
Raid 1 is not for better performance Raid 0 is. Raid 1 is for better data security, as against Raid 0 which becomes a bit non reliable but with better performance.

I suggested Raid 1 because it has a higher data security, it is only costlier than Raid 0, because it provides half the space and no performance improvement in write speed. and if data is not the concern, raid 0 is better option. But it's not a "bit" unreliable, it's "VERY" unreliable. and I am planning on raid 1 for Myself.

sam9s said:
You must be kidding all current processors are well pumped up to handle 8800 easily. you dont know what you are saying.

No kidding here pal, and i know what i said. If u play games at higher resolution, graphics cards are frame deciding factors, but if u play at lower resoultuons, the CPU is, and he is getting a 19" display atm. so my point is a valid one. I'll help you with some benchmarks. let me search.

drvarunmehta

Wise Old Owl
Kniwor said:
I suggested Raid 1 because it has a higher data security, it is only costlier than Raid 0, because it provides half the space and no performance improvement in write speed. and if data is not the concern, raid 0 is better option. But it's not a "bit" unreliable, it's "VERY" unreliable. and I am planning on raid 1 for Myself.
Why does a gaming rig need data security? For ordinary users backing up to an external HDD or DVD's is far better than setting up RAID 1.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom