In the zone
Guys I need to assemble a computer ~ 35K

Plz help me with the configuration.

Cpu
Intel Core 2 Duo E6300 or E6400

Motherboard
Suggest a good mobo, preferably ASUS
How abt Asus P5LD2 VM SE or P5B-VM ??
As I am investing in a graphics card, i dont want a mobo with onboard graphics.

Monitor
SyncMaster 740N

Graphics Card
I need some serious help here
I am not a hardcore gamer, i just want some good performance graphics card which can run Windows Vista Aero interface to the optimum level.
6600GT or 7600GS ??

Ram
Transcend DDR2 667 512*2

HardDisk
Seagate SATA II NCQ 7200.10 160GB

Speakers, UPS, cabinet etc are not a serious concern.
Plz Suggest any modifications or changes that are required.

samrulez

Cyborg Agent
E6300
Asus P5LD2 VM SE
Transcend DDR2 667 512*2 or 1GB*2
XFX 7600GS..7k or 7600GT...12k
Seagate 200GB SATA II...3.8k..

sam9s

The High 5 Flyer
Netjunkie said:
Guys I need to assemble a computer ~ 35K

Plz help me with the configuration.

Cpu
Intel Core 2 Duo E6300 or E6400

Motherboard
Suggest a good mobo, preferably ASUS
How abt Asus P5LD2 VM SE or P5B-VM ??
As I am investing in a graphics card, i dont want a mobo with onboard graphics.

Monitor
SyncMaster 740N

Graphics Card
I need some serious help here
I am not a hardcore gamer, i just want some good performance graphics card which can run Windows Vista Aero interface to the optimum level.
6600GT or 7600GS ??

Ram
Transcend DDR2 667 512*2

HardDisk
Seagate SATA II NCQ 7200.10 160GB

Speakers, UPS, cabinet etc are not a serious concern.
Plz Suggest any modifications or changes that are required.

Every thing you opted is good enough and under budget. But RAM........ Transcend sucks go for corsair or kingston. Corsair rocks I am telling you. As far as Graphic card is concerned 7600 GS from XFX is the best bet.

drvarunmehta

Wise Old Owl
Transcend is quite reliable at stock speeds. Go for Corsair only if you want to OC. Otherwise it's just a waste of money.

sam9s

The High 5 Flyer
Netjunkie said:
i know that Transcend is no match for Corsair but it will cost me a bomb..

I got my 1 GB 667 Mhz Corsair for 5600/-. Is it too expensive?

sam9s

The High 5 Flyer
drvarunmehta said:
That's quite a good price for Corsair. What are the memory timings?

Is it Latencie you mean by timing. If yes its 4-4-4-12. Else I am not sure about memory timings...Also let me tell you I have 2x512 modules. I could'nt get one stick of 1 GB.

janitha

Wise Old Owl
drvarunmehta said:
Transcend is quite reliable at stock speeds. Go for Corsair only if you want to OC. Otherwise it's just a waste of money.

For non-overclockers Corsair Value Select Series of Rams are available which is not costly compared to Transcend, Kingston etc.

OP
Netjunkie

Netjunkie

In the zone
Help me decide on the motherboard & Graphics card (7600 GS)
Intel DG965WH or Asus P5B-VM ?
Geforce or XFX
Is anybody aware of the prices?

Last edited:

akshayt

Wise Old Owl
some thing needs to be clarified.

1)do you think you will run vista aero with just 1GB RAM?

2)Transcend is a decent brand, in fact it is the second best value brand in India, after corsair.

3)Transcend RAM till now was a better ocer than Corsair Value select. Corsair Value is fine for running at stock, but wasn't that good for oc. Transcend was much better. Now things have changed, and some corsair chips are good overclockers even in the value segment.

4)You shouldn't expect noticeable performance change from either Transcend or Corsair. Corsair might be imcompatible with some motherobards more as well.

Ch@0s

In the zone
I'm using Transcend jetram 667 until my overclocking ram arrives. It does 850 or so easily at 4-4-4 @2.1V. Might do more at 5-5-5 didn't try. Excellent value for money if you buy in India heh. These sticks are basically low grade micron D9 so they should do well if you push the volts. D9 is the best ddr2 IC currently available. Earlier batches of corsair were D9 as well but these days its just garbage chips like nanya and psc being dumped into it.

OP
Netjunkie

Netjunkie

In the zone
@akshayt
Then do u think i ll have to upgrade to 2GB?
I think 1GB Ram with a 7600GS will be sufficient to run Vista Aero.
Correct me if i am wrong.

akshayt

Wise Old Owl
7600GS should be sufficient. But running Vista maxed out with 1GB RAM will be running XP with 128-256MB RAM. Although I recommend Vista users 4GB RAM, since none of us has it, including me, therefore a minimum of 2GB is strongly recommended as of now, but the requirements wil increase in the future with service packs and all, the same happened with XP.

janitha

Wise Old Owl
@akshyat
As per A8N-E manual, dual channel is not supported by Corsair VS Ram. But I have been using 2x1GB of it with dual channel support in the same board for the past several months without any problem. (The chips are Samsung)

Ch@0s

In the zone
akshayt said:
7600GS should be sufficient. But running Vista maxed out with 1GB RAM will be running XP with 128-256MB RAM. Although I recommend Vista users 4GB RAM, since none of us has it, including me, therefore a minimum of 2GB is strongly recommended as of now, but the requirements wil increase in the future with service packs and all, the same happened with XP.

Vista+Oblivion runs fine on 1GB :p. Go jump in a well if u can't get ur comp to work.

caleb

Ambassador of Buzz
sam9s said:
I got my 1 GB 667 Mhz Corsair for 5600/-. Is it too expensive?
It is definately not at all expensive as the 1GB ram has touched Rs.6200 as of 20th october

OP
Netjunkie

Netjunkie

In the zone
i have decided to opt for the 965 chipset
so the mobo options i have are Intel DG965WH or Asus P5B-VM.
do you guys think i should wait for the DX10 cards to come.
How is the onboard graphics of these mobos ?

drvarunmehta

Wise Old Owl
Netjunkie said:
do you guys think i should wait for the DX10 cards to come.
How is the onboard graphics of these mobos ?
Certainly not unless you don't mind spending 30k+ on a Geforce 8800GTX.

Onboard graphics are as good as onboard graphics can be. All games will start but newer games won't run at more than 800x600.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom