help me ,anyone?

Status
Not open for further replies.

ranjodh

Broken In
I have p3 win 98 64mb sd ram pc

1)

I have a movie cd(normal vcd) which has some scratches.It stops at 5minutes and 45 minutes.Now i want to copy the all the data that is not corrupt(ie all the data without the 5min and 45 min break).How do i do it?i tried virtual dub but it opens the file only upto 5minutes.PLease tell me.
The software should b a freeware.Else trail would b accepted

2)

I installed Desktop Architect and then downloaded
a harry potter connectix desktop manager theme.By
mistake I downloaded the Mac version.It doesn't
change the icons on changing the theme.I uninstalled
both and reinstalled windows version of connectix but
to no avail.Please help me.

3)

I have IE6.0
I have the latest real player.Whenever I use my system , after a few minutes the screen goes blue and gives a message(I never noted it and always press esc) .Then a window pops saying

realplay .This program has performed an illegal operation and will be shut down.If the problem persists,contact your program vendor.
Has 2 options:-
1)close.:-if i hit this the same window reappears and it always continues.
2)details:-opens the detail box saying:-
REALPLAY caused an invalid page fault in
module KERNEL32.DLL at 017f:bff88396.
Registers:
EAX=c00301a8 CS=017f EIP=bff88396 EFLGS=00010216
EBX=0195ffec SS=0187 ESP=0185ff3c EBP=018600b4
ECX=00000000 DS=0187 ESI=00000000 FS=6baf
EDX=bff76855 ES=0187 EDI=bff79060 GS=0000
Bytes at CS:EIP:
53 56 57 8b 75 10 8b 38 33 db 85 f6 75 2d 8d b5
Stack dump:

4)

I can't find Disk Management anywhere
in the Control Panel.What to do?I tried all the suggestions given 2 me here at forums and in digit mag.
but to no avail.it just doesn't run under any case.

5)

How to convert *.wav into *.mp3/*.ogg
and *.dat(VCD format) into *.mpg/*.mpeg? How to do it in virtual dub

6)

How to split a VCD into particular parts of certain length?

7)

Is there any software which can load the rest of CD except
scratches or corrupt data?

Help me..........

1)
a software alcohol 120% can copy all your disk except corrupted data it has many other great features too but its a trial version but your main problem is to copy that cd right now so download it from www.alcohol-software.com
3)real player requires more ram since it is latest so get sticked with wmp or super decoder
5 &6)all this can be done by musicmatch and there are other softwares too so you have to buy all these as these are shareware
for dat to mpg you have to buy vcd cutter 4.0 it can also split particular parts of length and can join them

walking-techie

Journeyman
for ur answers

1) alcohol is a good option,others vcd cutter, vcd gear, vcd eassy search google u will find plenty

2)u mght hav uninstalled the desktop theme mgr but the theme still exist delete all files related to i then unintsall ur mgr, remove all reg entries , install again this mght...... help

3) ur ram is less so 2 many apps cant run properly page fault may also occur becos of faulty ram

4)Am really not sure y it isnt running.. did u try rght clicking on hdd parttiion and then checking out properties

5)wav into mp3 u may use musicmatch jukebox there are many more put a search on google,, virtualdub has a good help file an online version is available sorry dont hav the link myself but uit has been posted somewhere in these forums

6)Virtual dub is ur answer, vcd cutter is also good

7) virtual dub will do that for u

theraven

Technomancer
first of all dont make ur post soo long with soo many breaks ... its irritating to scroll soo much
1) alcohol 120% , Blindwrite ... both trial unfortunately
2),3),4) FORMAT UR HDD AND GET RID OF WIN 98 ... its the only way.... it just comes up with new problems every single time ..
ull be better off using win 2k and win 2k3
5) for wav to mp3 .. musicmatch jukebox , real fast cd ripper etc ... again trial ... try searching download.com for free software that do the same
for vcd to mpg ... well i could say its essentially the same .. but then it'll turn out to be another discussion eh blade_runner ? ;)
anyways .. search the forum there are plenty of topics on that
essentially u can use tmpgenc(trial) , virtualdub (freeware)
search for the procedure
6) vcd cutter .... or even tmpgenc while ur encoding it u can select each part in a different file ... ull figure it out
even virtualdub could do this i think
7) same as 1 .. try creating an image with alcohol 120% / BLINDWRITE .. then mount it using virtual cd emulator / nero image drive / daemon tools ( the best and highly recommended)
have fun

OP
R

ranjodh

Broken In
will i lose data while upgrading from win98 2 winxp(fat32) .How 2 install winxp in fat32.
I don't wanna lose data.
and i thought it was easier for others to read posts will long pauses.....

u said.

then mount it using virtual cd emulator / nero image drive / daemon tools ( the best and highly recommended)
have fun

how to mount it and what is mounting exactly?
Please throw light.
Thanx.
Ranjodh

theraven

Technomancer
just pop in the xp cd
u should get the option to upgrade
this should do it without changin to ntfs ... or without formatting ...
as for the mounting .. create the image file ..
and use either of these softwares to "mount" this ...
mounting on a virtual drive .. basically is like inserting a cdrom in ur drive
only virtually
the image is like the cd ... the software is like ur virtual cd drive ...
its pretty easy .. get the software .. it should be easy to use
any problems ask

it_waaznt_me

Coming back to life ..
ranjodh said:
I installed Desktop Architect and then downloaded
a harry potter connectix desktop manager theme.By
mistake I downloaded the Mac version.It doesn't
change the icons on changing the theme.I uninstalled
both and reinstalled windows version of connectix but
to no avail.Please help me.
But to no avail means ? Actually what went wrong ? Please explain this one more..

I have IE6.0
I have the latest real player.Whenever I use my system , after a few minutes the screen goes blue and gives a message(I never noted it and always press esc) .Then a window pops saying realplay .This program has performed an illegal operation and will be shut down.If the problem persists,contact your program vendor.
Hopefully Reinstalling Realplayer will take care of the issue. ..

I can't find Disk Management anywhere
in the Control Panel.What to do?I tried all the suggestions given 2 me here at forums and in digit mag.
but to no avail.it just doesn't run under any case.

Disk Management is a feature included in Windows 2000 onwards OS...ie W2k .. XP .. Its not there in Win98 ...

How to convert *.wav into *.mp3/*.ogg
Try DbPowerAmp

and *.dat(VCD format) into *.mpg/*.mpeg? How to do it in virtual dub
.dat files are actually MPEG files my friend.

OP
R

ranjodh

Broken In
see first i instaled desktop architect.then,I downloaded the mac version of conectix desktop designer by mistake.Now,it doesnt change the desktop icons itself on changing the theme.Then,I uninstalled both conectix and architect and then installed conectix(windows version) but it still doesnt change the icons on changing the them.I want just conectix on my system. i also manually deleted the files of achitect once but to no avail.

shaunak

Tux Fan
windows media 10 can rip wma to mp3
try to change ur theme without using any theme sofware
simply download the theme and use.

it_waaznt_me

Coming back to life ..
From what I got from Here, , I conclude that it doesnt support Win 98 .. And do other themes work on your pc ..?

OP
R

ranjodh

Broken In
Well the theme installs connectix everytime itself.It works fine on another win98 pc which didnt have any other theme software installed earlier.What about my partition problem?Also please help me on converting *.wav and *.mp3 to *.wma

it_waaznt_me

Coming back to life ..
Well .. You didnt read my post clearly about converting .wav to .mp3 or .wma .. Check my first post above ...

Whats with Partition ...?

OP
R

ranjodh

Broken In
i just need a free fully customizable good partition manager which can merge,split,create new partitions etc

it_waaznt_me

Coming back to life ..
Isobuster ???

I would also recommend the one built in Win Xp ..
Or try Ranish Partition manager if you need freeware alternative ..
Else go for Partition Magic .. ...

theraven

Technomancer
ISObuster as the name suggests ... is an ISO software as in cd images ... not a partitioning software
and yeah apart from the 2 ... partition magic is the best

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom