Help Linux not going

Status
Not open for further replies.

Chirag

Cyborg Agent
I had installed Windows XP and Linux both. Than due to some problems I installed Xp again but not linux. Linux option was gone while botting but the space taken by it is not gone

My D: was 18.6 GB after Linux - 16.11 GB and after i have removed Linux it is also 16.11 GB

Please help me

busyanuj

In the zone
you actually re-installed only Windows, that removed the option of booting into Linux at the beginning, but you did not remove Linux actually.
It still occupies the 2.39 GB of your space.

You will have to delete the space occupied by linux by deleting the linux partitions. Use Partition Magic or some similar software to do that. After that reclaim that freed space by making it a windows (fat/ntfs) partition or by increasing the size of your existing partition to include that freed space.

blacklight

Journeyman
it looks like winxp was in ur primary partition and u used lilo as ur boot loader.re-installing win xp resulted in u losing out ur mbr

now the solution depends on whether u want ur linux back or not.

If u do not want ur linux,u could proceed with as busyanuj had said.
but if u still intend 2 rescue ur linux,u could boot into the linux partition by booting thru the boot cd or floppy and then fixing the lilo .

vinaypatel

Journeyman
use grub loder that is available on any linux site
============

or

just put first cd and follow the link use the lilo command to configure ur linux

*www.control-escape.com/linux/lilo-cfg.html

surdy

Broken In
If u want the space back ...just format the Linux Partitions
and if u need ur Linux back (u can get it coz its still there ..only the option to boot it has gone) then boot using bootalbe floppy or CD1 of installation CDs and at comand promt type

grub-install /dev/hda

reboot and u'll find Linux boot option back

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom